Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas demonstration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Attending a demonstration of their boilers tonight dont know anything about them some installers love em some not so keen my only experience is back up and parts can be expensive and a pain to get sorted , anything else i should be asking cheers kop

Find out about the Rep and warranty cover in your area

jury is still out , like the idea that you can have hotwater without compleating heating side and no plastic components , 40 kilo lift to get on the wall not so good regards kop

That will be the rapid that you saw, yes it's a heavy bugger but they also have the HRE and Eco RF which are lighter. They are very good boilers and one that I recommend each time ( I've fitted 10 Intergas boilers this year )

If I was going for a combi I'd stick in the Eco RF30, ten year warranty and rf stat built into the boiler just need the programmer i.e. Honeywell cm927 or the Intergas in touch

Great product but fixing jig handles snap off after a while,vessel hose folds under temp, vessel behind boiler not good design. Trap on 40kw not attractive and needs boxing, and Like you say heavy, the prv very awkward to change if necessary. The good things it will never block main hex due to design 22mm pipe, simple to service and I personally like them, you can have external vessel and use your own isolating valves. The main issue is service and back up, seems very old school in expecting people to wait till there ready rather then working with engineers/home owners to resolve things. I'm sure this will change, it has to if they are to be a successful manufacturer

Lovely boilers, I install Intergas wherever possible but sometimes customers want to more well known boilers.

Fitted a couple at customers request ! don't like the EX tank at rear of boiler, stands off wall to much, offset flu , and to complicated to set up, not user friendly, has good points but not top of my list, need to do a lot more to fit in with uk market.

Well made the decision to try one the 32 rapid i will post how it all works out went for the 6year warranty cheers kop

Just make sure you have calculated the water content on heating circuit as it only has a 6l vessel which the hose twists and folds. Make sure you have a solid wall, also flue pipe is totally different to the eco/hre range. When servicing get a good bottle brush as trap awkward to clean. Apart from that good choice mate let us know how you get on

Well guys just a update i have fitted the intergas 32 rapid not wired yet but well on its way to compleation i didnt expect to have to drill out the spacer frame hole for the 22mm gas pipe to fit through as it was to small checked with intergas first obviously , and it didnt hang on the frame that well eithier as it left a visable gap down each side something that could be improved on also put 2 extra fixing in the frame to , pipeing was easy enough although the connections are not marked up so checked and double checked the manual, thats the only negatives so far it looks a well made product and fitted in ok in the garage with a vertical flue will post views when commisioned and working cheers kop.

20170601_104213.jpg

20170602_153652.jpg

20170601_133249.jpg

20170602_153542.jpg

20170602_153622(0).jpg

20170602_123332.jpg

the jig looks pants, what did you think of the insides/ extras feel good quality?

Agreed shaun the spacer needs work some case seal would make it look better i guess not had the front off yet will check it out monday bud ,what have you been doing this week ? Regards kop

Agreed shaun the spacer needs work some case seal would make it look better i guess not had the front off yet will check it out monday bud ,what have you been doing this week ? Regards kop

Easy week for me 3 days off :) and nice easy 54mm stop tap change

Also saying no I'm not working on these

Until I meet there plumber whose stripped them (don't think he exists)

IMG_2659.JPG

That looks a nasty one bud what boilers are they surely they are not working like that ? Landlords serviced every year ha ha have a good weekend mate

That looks a nasty one bud what boilers are they surely they are not working like that ? Landlords serviced every year ha ha have a good weekend mate

yep rinnai water heaters, installed about 2 years

Cant belive that looks years old mate think i would walk away from that one .

Cant belive that looks years old mate think i would walk away from that one .

my thoughts exactly think there still under warranty, but i dont think rinnai will touch them either :D

Your up late bud do you have trouble sleeping ? i have developed a bit of insomnia in the last 3 - 4 years very rarely get 6-7 hours now , i dont think being self employed has helped as i never seem to switch off properly i was on here at 2am now 5.30 am and wide awake grrrr , second fix on a bathroom today and a couple of rads the developers pushing for completion only time i have, off on the 15th for a bit of sun for a week so will wind down then time for another cuppa speak soon bud .

Yep, takes me a good 3-4 hours to get off and then I'm dead to the world which is fun (I'm more of a night person anyway :))

I'm more of a worrier and I find I never switch off, which isn't good

Good luck with your second fix on the bathroom (hate doing bathrooms)

Thanks for this thread KOP. I've been reading about Intergas, and all you ever hear them talk about is the lack of moving parts ! It seems a shame that they have come up with a good design on one side, and then not bothered with things like the X vessel and the case fitting. The control panel also looks un user friendly ! Cheers.

To be fair that is the Rapid, which is their low-budget option and quite an old design now. The ECO RF is much better.

Intergas install is now compleate quite impressed with the performance very quiet operation takes a while to get your head round the controls but on the whole quite pleased suited the customers needs theres alot more work to be done on the property so reasuring to know she will have hot water even when heatings isolated cheers kop.

20170608_182017.jpg

20170608_182011.jpg

Looks good, big place

But two minor faults :D

Boiler is in the garage which is part of a single storey flat roof extension comprising of utility room, a storage room , and shower room with toilet basin ect seperate to the main house alot of work to do a compleate new heating system , a family bathroom and alot of finishing off to this 10year unfinished project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas demonstration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock