Search the forum,

Discuss Interesting tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the same as a Fein Multimaster/Bosch, been using one for a while now and yes definately a great tool for taking up floor boards

Like with most tools, if there's a company who makes it there's probably another as well and it'll be very similar.
Have you seen Ridgid Jobmax but with interchangeable heads drills/ratchet/cutter/screwdriver don't know how good it is though, prehaps someone here has one. Although it is American so don't know its availability over here or the charger supply voltage, do they use 230v.

The Worx is called Rockwell in U.S. same advert on YouTube just different name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been on this site it's same sort of thing.
[DLMURL="http://www.fredshed.co.uk/feinmultimastertested.htm"]C:\My Documents\Fredshed\diy.htm[/DLMURL]
The Bosch mains is a bit chunkier and vibrates more than the Fein, but Bosch have done a cordless now but doesn't say how good it is though.

The Bosch cordless is ok, but only comes with 2 10.8v batteries so if you want to use it for extended periods get a corded one.

The Bosch cordless is ok, but only comes with 2 10.8v batteries so if you want to use it for extended periods get a corded one.

i have one its rubbish bought mine and then they brought out the mains powered one

Fein Rules but the blades and cutters are ludicrously pricey. Captive Audience syndrome or what. If Bosch are listening......undercut the 'tools' prices and you will clean up.

Hmm, looks interesting.
Iv never seen this kind of tool.
considering to get one. :rolleyes:

Could of done with one of these last week. I cant stand after getting a heating systems worth of floorboards up. Knee's and back are done in.

The older Fein takes the Bosch blade which are cheaper.

The black and Decker Scorpion is great for floorboards but the blades are also expensive. I had one for about 5 years and fund it useful. Dumped it when the blades needed changing.

I feel the Bosch cordless sucks as it is not capable for large works.

hi, As per my work knowledge the best plumbing tools i have used and have more capabilities, from Pexheat.com, plumbing tools and Radiant Floor Heating Installation Accessories from Pexheat for installing PEX Plumbing and Radiant Heat systems. such products include pex tubing, pex crimp tool, pex unwinder, radiant floor heat transfer plate, pex tubing clips etc.

You don't work for them by any chance do you !

have any of you guys used the bosch gop 250 corded? about half the price of the fein. Gonna pick one up this week but cant find many reviews of it.

have any of you guys used the bosch gop 250 corded? about half the price of the fein. Gonna pick one up this week but cant find many reviews of it.
being corded i should think its a good tool i have the li-on version good but the batters die quick

Yeah i noticed your post on the li-on version which backed up my doubts on it. Bought it anyway and subsequently missed it being delivered today.

i agree i've got the corded bosch and find it very handy although the spare blades are a bit dear

Got the Bosch cordless, love it, it is power-hungry though, you need three or even four batteries if using it heavily. Blue corded one is new so there won't be many reviews on it yet.

Thats why i went for the corded. It's been faultless so far for me.

ive noticed it says this tool can cut copper pipe is this case an is it a clean enough cut to get a fittin on it afterwards?

Yeah it'll fly through copper, and the copper will take a fitting afterwards but would recommend deburring first

Must say i dont rate the plunge blade much that come with the cutter. Went blunt on one nail on its first use.

I have had one of these a while now. I used to use a Dremel for akward cuts but my Bosch seems to get pulled out the van more now.

I have the corded version and it does have lots of grunt. I had to cut through a 35mm copper tube today that could be cut anyother way (before I would have taped up a hacksaw blade and cursed for an hour) instead I wizzed through it in 2 mins, no sweat either!!

I've got the fein multi and i now get blades from the US, look on Ebay for VOSS blades, they fit perfectly and are good quality. If you buy 10 or so ,even with the shipping they work out cheap. For instance, 10 precision cut blades are ÂŁ 31 plus ÂŁ 12.50 postage. ÂŁ 43.50 for 10 blades. I'm going to order a load with a mate and save on the postage.

thinking of getting the bosch gop 250 corded...are they worth getting?? which blades do you use for getting up floorboards and how long do they last??

I've got the fein multi and i now get blades from the US, look on Ebay for VOSS blades, they fit perfectly and are good quality. If you buy 10 or so ,even with the shipping they work out cheap. For instance, 10 precision cut blades are ÂŁ 31 plus ÂŁ 12.50 postage. ÂŁ 43.50 for 10 blades. I'm going to order a load with a mate and save on the postage.

Anyone know if these VOSS blades fit on the Bosch GOP 250 multi cutter? At ÂŁ40-50 for a pack of 4 blades, I only use this when I HAVE to due to the blade costs. If these blades fit then that would be a massive saving....!!!

look on ebay for a supplier called speciality diamond their blades are reasonably priced and fit my bosch pmf180e so should fit yours as well.

Steveb

Thanks very much. I'll have a look and compare prices.

Very nice website but prices seems to be high tho you can find better on Ebay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interesting tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Ok, sorry if this request is a bit OTT, but as I am very new to plumbing, I really need some general guidance on buying tools, namely whats the best quality/value for each tool type, brand etc. Here's my starting list of tools, I believe I will need, if there are any missing please feel free to...
Replies
Views
biofish
B
Yup its TOOLFAIR time again. OK so the event is not specific to Plumbing but you will find a general array of Professional tools on show over the two days. COVENTRY - COVENTRY - COVENTRY - COVENTRY Previous comments on this forum have been that the event is not massive and it is possible to...
Replies
Views
365drills
Installer LIVE is coming to Coventry for four days in 2010. InstallerLive 2010! 7th-10th September, Ricoh Arena, Coventry InstallerLive is the UK’s national plumbing, heating and renewables show; meet your suppliers face-to-face, see the latest products put through their paces and...
Replies
Views
365drills
So you have some fancy porcelain tiles on the job and you think you can just angle grind your way through it to make holes. Right Idea? Well at ********* we would ask you to reconsider your approach. When you angle grind holes from the back of a tiles it is a crude approach, creates a lot...
Replies
Views
365drills
Hi, Im just after a bit of advice, more from the experienced self employed persons if possible Obviously I dont expect your own secrets to success, however just a bit of setting up advice would be highly appriciated. Okay so- after a long 4 year apprentership and one years "out of time"...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock