Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co in the Product Reviews area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Orry Clayton

Orry Clayton Plumber GSR

IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co

I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but never got around to it.

The filter is very well built and one of the easy filters to install. The magnet is a little bit smaller that of of it's competition, but it doesn't just rely on the magnet alone... There is a wire mesh to help collect larger deposits, as well as using gravity pull it to the bottom.

Like every central heating filter out there it has it's pro's and con's...

Pro's

• It works really well.
    • easy to install
    • easy to service
    • well built.
    • Easy to isolate
    • Opens from the bottom, so can get it really close to bottom of boiler.

Con's
    • The 'O' rings to be changed every service.
    • Opens from the bottom*, not a big problem, but need to remember bowl.
    • Can't use it for pouring chemicals in, unless you use use concentrates.

I know this isn't the best review, but next time I have something to review, I will be sure to record it... I'll get bod, to get camera out on me ;)

Big thank you to Ray and his team at William & Co, for the product and the sweets, much appreciated. I will be sure to use the IntaKlean filter in the future.

Kind Regards
    Orry Clayton
    Director

HE Engineers Ltd / Heating-Electrical.com

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. galaxy_plumbing

galaxy_plumbing Plumber GSR

i was looking on something similar other day in the magazine and I personally don't really like idea of emptying filter from the bottom :(. sorry guys Anyway, everybody prefers something else, doesnt it ? ;)

3. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

cant see why you cant pour chemicals in, I use them all the time and pour 1 or 2 litres in every time, you only have to rotate them 180 and that is simply done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

New mag has a drain plug in base .