Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Have had a guy working for me this week and when i asked if he had insurance he said he has business insurance , when asked if it covered this sort of work he said it did .Personally i thought it was for offices etc does this insurance come under plumbing ??? Little bit dubiuous about using him again due to fearing not fully insured
  2. Ray Stafford

Ray Stafford Guest

"business insurance" could mean anything. My car in insured for "business use".

Perhaps make it a standard request to ask to see the policy?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. plumb

plumb Guest

Be a bit more specific - is that car insurance you're referring to? If yes be warned. If he does not have the correct insurance and crashes, your insurance pay and come to YOU after to get the money they paid out - it is really risky. People do not understand how financially risky in fact.
  4. plumb

plumb Guest

You must be sure that his policy covers him specifically. Remember - specifically - because the insurer will use any reason not to pay and you are at risk of being personally liable - and that is not fun, trust me.
  5. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

and if you own a house little sods in my sons trade will have it off you if need be!
  6. plumb

plumb Guest

is your son working for an insurance company?
  7. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

8. plumb

plumb Guest

I have a mate who had a crash in his van. The insurance refused to pay as they said he was not on business at the time and he was not covered for SDP. Business use only. Some dodgy kid is making a dodgy claim and the insurance company says they will pay but he has to pay them the money back.

The dodgy kid is saying he has a bad back although he's got nothing wrong with him and the solicitors will make their millions.

He will be presented with a bill I guess but he does not know if they are going to ask for the money in one go, installments or maybe try to take his house if he doesn't pay in 14 days - you know what I mean.

Maybe your solicitor son would know the answer from his experiences?
  9. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

it will be unpleasant and stressful whatevr he offers, depends on their mood at the time, he wont be driving on the wrong insurance again though.