Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Insurance for self employed workers in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Anyone recommend something decent that covers you if you fall ill an are off work.

Cheers

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

There are a few, but it costs a fortune. 10 years ago, I was quoted £300 a month for critical injury and illness. That would pay £450 a week. You had to be off for 3 months before you could claim! So would have to be a serious one.

Was told , just to put £300 into a seperate account and use it if your off. But like anyone else, never did it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

I "think" there is specific insurance around for cheaper..
    like motocorss cover or rugby cover etc etc.. in the ad's it looks reasonable money but no idea what the terms are

4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

There are a few but the last one I heard of you had to be off 8 week then it paid a third of your salary for 12 months.
    Don't know what they go off if you're self employed or ltd company owner !

Best bet, charge properly, put it in bank, pretend you haven't got it !
    That only my opinion of course.

5. gassafe

gassafe Plumber GSR

I have sickness cover with my liability, it's not brilliant but better than nothing & hopefully will never need it.

It pays out like 300 a week, after like 2 weeks maybe... Including liability & tool theft cover its like 400 a year

6. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Sounds a good deal you've got there mate, who's that with?

7. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

2 weeks maybee? I would have a close look at your policy. I bet that is for critical illness, not accident.
    How much are you paying?