Search the forum,

Discuss Insulated side panel failure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The client heated the space to over 40c and approx 100m of side wall insulated panelling with a cement based inner skin have cracked badly. Probably about £5ooo pounds worth of damage.
His aim was to get the slab temp to 30c.
The ceiling (approx - 1500 sq/M) has the same material and has not failed.

Two huge commercial gas blow heaters!
Does gas heating suck the moisture from the air?
The client is going ballistic and is with holding £50k payment.

We are at a loss as to why this has happened. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
The heated it and they are going ballistic at the damaged caused?

Yes.
The ceiling has a vapour barrier but the sides don't.
As I said the ceiling is undamaged and its the ceiling that would be receiving the greatest temperature rise.

Sounds like you need to get the material manufacturer out but the client has caused the damage

The material supplier (probably just a salesman) has been on site and will re supply enough panels to replace the damaged ones FOC.
Buts that's a negligible sum.
The big cost is removing the damaged ones and replacing.
The manufacturer is not involved and would likely take the view that as the ceiling has not failed, then its not a product issue.

Last edited:
The material supplier (probably just a salesman) has been on site and will re supply enough panels to replace the damaged ones FOC.
Buts that's a negligible sum.
The big cost is removing the damaged ones and replacing.
The manufacturer is not involved and would likely take the view that as the ceiling has not failed, then its not a product issue.
I'm missing something here!
Allow me to catch on.
He heated the space? as in air space in a warehouse or factory?
His aim was to get the slab (floor?) to 30 degrees. Why, what was his reason for any of this?
When you say 100 mtr of panel, is that 25 mtr each wall in a square room or 100 mtr long wall.
Two huge commercial gas blow Heaters?
Like this:-
images

If he wanted a warm floor then why not under floor heating why does the floor need to be 30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insulated side panel failure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi and thanks for reading. I am from the electricians forum but try to be as helpful as possible, Chris Murphy can vouch for me! I live in an old property. My walls are made from anything that was available be it beach pebble, cob, or stone. One corner of my living room is particularly cold...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock