Search the forum,

Discuss Instant water heater regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy84

Gas Engineer
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows the regulations for fitting undercounter unvented water heaters?. I'm gsr but haven't got my ticket for unvented cylinders but I'm sure I've heard that the ticket isn't required for unvented appliances under a certain size. First time I have ever been asked to fit an instant water heater but not sure wether or not I can do it legally. Any help or info would be appreciated, thanks.

Don't think we can do it. It has to be a MOD. I tagged Lou into the post. When she sees it she will move it for you

Because I believe this is an open forum i.e. A Public forum and the subject you are discussing needs to be in a private forum so only traded people can see it

Need to be G3 mate

Done

Only difference under 15 l you don't need to notify local building control/ gas safe

Why the move Harvest ? Now the op can't see his thread :D
He is Gas registered? Thought everyone that had the GSR badge could see all the locked forums? If not then I apologise and I will ask Lou to move it back. ( clearly I am still
Learning. Sorry).

He is Gas registered? Thought everyone that had the GSR badge could see all the locked forums? If not then I apologise and I will ask Lou to move it back. ( clearly I am still
Learning. Sorry).

Np plumbers arms needs the red plumber badge

Gas safe forum blue gsr etc

:oops::oops:Me being an idiot again @Lou really sorry Lou I have been a mong and asked you to move a post as I thought the op was a member of the plumbers arms and he isn't. I know you are busy but can you move it back please

Haha don't worry.

I'll move it now, sorry for the late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Instant water heater regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need a small water heater for a bathroom sink tap. I was going to have an unvented undercounter unvented cylinder installed by a plumber. I'm a sad old git living alone and working a crappie job. Twice, I have used up a very valuable days holiday to wait at home for the local G3 water...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
A
Hi. I've taken my immersion heater out and want to replace it with an instant hot water heater. The unit will be placed on a wall at chest height from where the immersion heater control was sited (Horstmann economy 7 quartz) The fuse on the fuse board says it's a 16A. I only need it to heat...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock