Search the forum,

Discuss installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stove as got thermostaic control, fired it up yesterday working like a dream! Have installed the cold feed and the vent to the return to the boiler with no valves inbetween the piping to the boiler, fitted the pump on the flow out of the boiler! [FONT=&amp]I no its against regs[/FONT] but its my 1st stove and with laision with the customer he was happy to go ahead with it! From now on going to install a gravity circuit and wont be installing a stove into nothing but a 2 story with a upstair double coil hwc! Some people may argue[FONT=&amp] its unsafe[/FONT] but dont see how it can be when you have a unobstructed from the cold feed and vent to the boiler???

The highlights above about sums it up,you have come on the forums asking advise,ignore it,as it is not what you are looking for,then come out with statements like you do in above post,you seem to think its ok to ignore any regs you like and have no regard for the safety of your customer

As its only the once....untill the next time....

Think we should close the thread now

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing a back boiler oil link up in a bungalow, anyway around it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been told that I can't have a mains pressure unvented hot water cylinder with a back boiler on a wood burning stove as the heat source is uncontrollable. Is there a method to make the heat source controllable? I was imagining that if the cylinder was at its maximum temperature then if...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the property has been vacant for a long while, a pipe froze and burst and left damp. It’s imperative we get the house heated and warmed up enough to dry it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, I’ve got this lovely little bungalow that I’m struggling to get my head around the heating on. It’s a F and E system with 8 radiators, and I’m not really very clued up on central heating, or even plumbing in general, but the whole set up seems quite odd. The pipe into the main...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock