Discuss injector tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smac

just looking to know if i am installing injector tee correctly i have 2 28mm pipes from solid fuel stove flo and ret on gravity circuit am i right in saying that my injector tee is piped in ret of coil first with then the other part of the injector tee which has the little piece of 15mm copper down the centre of the tee connected to my circulating pump which is then connected to my rad circuit in which then i have pipe stat on gravity flo to bring on pump when temp at stat kicks in to heat rads circuit just has been that long since i did install of this nature thanks everyone any help would be great

yes injector tee on the return at the boiler with pump on the return. you need stats on both the flow and return to guard against thermal shock. you also need to fit a temp relief on the cylinder with dischage as per part g regs.

thanks awheating just one quick question what do u mean by thermal shock as i have one pipe stat on gravity flo at cyl is that enough again thanks for the info

one stat on the flow set at 85*c to dissipate heat in the event of overheating and one on the return set to manufactures recommendation (normally around 50-55*c) which switches on the heating when calling.

its call back end protection if i remember correctly, its because if your run the heating before the gravity side has got to a certain design temp then the difference in temp when the pump kicks in can cause corrosion inside the boilers heat exchanger. "thermal shock"

you wire the flow stat in series from the power source to the pump and the return stat is wired in series between the controls and the pump if that makes sense?

STAT DRWING.jpg

wired like this, its not a great drawing as im tired and drunk :)

Attachments

• STAT DRWING.jpg
    STAT DRWING.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
forgot to mention this drawing is protected under copyright laws ;)

Sorry for hi jacking but what timer would you use on this setup usually
thanks

put it this way any new install must meet part L of the building regs. so a single channel clock and stat or programable stat.

the hot water even tho its gravity also requires a stat on the cylinder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to injector tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back