Search the forum,

Discuss inhibitor vessels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

what are folks using to introduce inhibitor to a system

Either pour it in through the magnaclean if installed
or ive got one of them cal shot squeezers

Have fitted dosing pots on light commercial stuff.

For systems that I have installed, I've put a full bore lever valve with short bit of pipe and cap on cyl return. Doubles as full bore drain off and remove nut, connect filling loop hose and use the chemicals with silicone gun.

Also used rigged up pressure sprayer to pump in OV. Scoop some water from F&E, add chemicals and pump away.

I have a bottle cap from an inhibitor bottle that I drilled a hole through to fit a half inch tank connector through. The thread of the tank connector spigot is on the outside of the bottle lid then I have an old flexi with the tap connector end screwed on to the tank connector thread. At the other end of the flexi I have removed the compression nut and olive so I can just wind the thread it in to a rad with the air bleed or blanking plug removed.

Only thing with Magnaclean, you gotta take ALL water out to get a bottle of F1 in it. Drain valve at the bottom would be ideal.

5b52d64bb6b541011215504cbcfac179.jpg

This is what I use

Only thing with Magnaclean, you gotta take ALL water out to get a bottle of F1 in it. Drain valve at the bottom would be ideal.

theres always been a drain valve on the ones ive worked on, or wet vac sorts it in 2 secs

theres always been a drain valve on the ones ive worked on, or wet vac sorts it in 2 secs
The ones with the red labels def don't have a drain valve. The ones TB posted look new though ?

I say new, prob been out ages, just haven't fitted any, or seen one.

Last edited:
a 1/2 elbow into the rad where the air vent goes then a then a reducer to 22mm then a funnel at the top and open the air vent and pour in.
inhib.jpg

Last edited:
Next time u remove 440 keep the internal tundish and mount a pf 1/2 pf elbow then small 1/2 stud into rad. Pf is so stud will rotate without need to rotate tundish. Have a rust buster but almost always fit a mag even if it's a micro.

it is. I have made one like this also. just drop the pressure, pump, open up valve and pull the trigger. Done in a jiffy

I just use a half inch-22mm iron, then speedfit street elbow into 35mm reducer 'funnel'. I'm to stingy to use the concentrated inhibitors.

With the Magnacleans, watch out if you get the new mini one, the canister holds hardly anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to inhibitor vessels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock