Search the forum,

Discuss Industrial or domestic plumbing?!?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bolgerisdashizz

Hi everybody, Chris here.

Im 28 and working in an office. Absolutely hate it and I've decided to go an get an apprenticeship.

Long story short,

2 companies have offered me a labouring job for the summer and an apprenticeship contract.
One company is an industrial plumbing company. They look after projects for big buildings.
The other company is a domestic company. Your normal housing issues.

I would love if someone could be able to give me their opinion on which company to choose.
Thank you very much.

Depends what your looking to go into if your only looking later on for domestic work go domestic, if commercial got with the commercial

It depends what the company's do, I do domestic and commersial, mainly bathrooms and factory bathrooms, most of the stuff is transferable to domestic, just usually commercial is a bigger pipe size, however there are different laws involved in commercial than domestic as commercial is a little more tricky to get your head round the regs but once you do domestic is simple.

industrial plumbing is pipe fitting, commercial plumbing as said before is just bigger pipe domestic plumbing is small but awkward

Commercial you usually get told what to do. Domestic you usually have to think for yourself.

Domestic expect to be crawling under floors, doing some joinery and electrical work potentially. On site plumbing only. Glad I served my time on commercial sites but I prefer domestic. I now have my own business and undertake commercial work, using the experience I gained.

Also you will be a more skilled plumber working on commercial imho. Too much push fit plastic these days, More variety of materials on site

Domestic expect to be crawling under floors, doing some joinery and electrical work potentially. On site plumbing only. Glad I served my time on commercial sites but I prefer domestic. I now have my own business and undertake commercial work, using the experience I gained.

Also you will be a more skilled plumber working on commercial imho. Too much push fit plastic these days, More variety of materials on site

Commercial lots more scope you'll pick up domestic on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Industrial or domestic plumbing?!?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock