Discuss Impartial Advice Required on OLCI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Did you do the same course? 6129-2 / 6089 NVQ2
Did you get work okay?

I'm not scared of hard work and am ready for a new challenge but all I'm hearing at the moment is people saying that they are finding work hard to come by, or experience..... and I still have a mortgage to pay!

Hi Charley, welcome to the forum. I did the intensive course with OLCI and glad I went for it. Was really happy with the training I got, didn’t really havea clue before I started but it was great from that point of view. Nice guys teaching the course and never had any problems with the service I got. Haven’t got any experience of the other two you mentioned.

Here is a neutral point:

Please be aware that tradesmen spend years learning their art and building their customer base, reputation and earnings. How is this possible in a few weeks or months.

If it was realistic, surely we would have all done it.

We have a lad who had been to one of these fast track courses, we gave him grips and bahco adjustable and he was unable to take scrap brass fittings off the copper pipe.

He got angry and blamed us.... saying it wasnt like he'd have to do that on 'real' jobs.

I hope you dont waste your five grand. Good luck.

Thanks for this gents - more research is required I think

Much appreciated

Here is a neutral point:

Please be aware that tradesmen spend years learning their art and building their customer base, reputation and earnings. How is this possible in a few weeks or months.

If it was realistic, surely we would have all done it.

We have a lad who had been to one of these fast track courses, we gave him grips and bahco adjustable and he was unable to take scrap brass fittings off the copper pipe.

He got angry and blamed us.... saying it wasnt like he'd have to do that on 'real' jobs.

I hope you dont waste your five grand. Good luck.
Wise words Renewable!, I feel sorry for people who pay 5k for these courses are fed bullsh$t about 50k earnings etc etc when the reality couldnt be further from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impartial Advice Required on OLCI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock