Search the forum,

Discuss immersion heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zhabski

Hi there i am looking to add a timer to my immersion heater (hot water) as i had an old tick tock one before and this brokedown and have not replaced it for some time. i have a 2.3-3kw element and was wondering which is the best one to get in regards to power amps etc
many thanks

P.s i hope this is the correct section where i have posted this

Get your self to a electrical retailers,there are many to choose from now,would stick to mechanical on the cheaper versions around £20.00
If going Digital go up market slightly

i would prefer the digital one as my water heater is in my bedroom and dont wont the ticking noise like my last one what are the best brands to go for,

thanks for the reply any chance of the model numbers etc sorry to keep asking random questions but my water comes out very very hot, i have turned down the element settings but this has seemed to have no effect on the water temp how do i diagnose the water heater element is not faulty thanks guys

thanks for the reply any chance of the model numbers etc sorry to keep asking random questions but my water comes out very very hot, i have turned down the element settings but this has seemed to have no effect on the water temp how do i diagnose the water heater element is not faulty thanks guys

If water getting to hot,you may require a new thermostat,get checked straight away as if no high limit thermostat fitted to immersion heater,could cause a lot of damage if over heats to much,infact turn immersion off when hot water hot until checked,at the same time they can fit new clock for you

not really looking to get someone out to check it out hence a new elemnet is around 25 quid so i might just change it and its no big deal to fit the timer but thanks all the same

If the element is heating water up but it is too hot there is nothing wrong with the element but the thermostat is at fault. Take the stat out (you need to take off the immersion cap and undo the connections and it will slide out) and take it to your plumbers merchants for a replacement of the same size.

Immersion stat should be set at 60 to 65 degrees (to kill off any bugs).

cheers mate thanks a lot never knew that thought the whole thing was one unit ...

Make sure it's electrically isolated first! The stat is a long spike which you can see the top of with the dial when you remove the cover cap on the immersion heater. Whilst you have the cap off, check the condition of all the contacts and the earth lead.

Also make sure that you are sold a new type stat which has the auto thermal cutout limit. This is a safety measure to prevent the water boiling on failure of the stat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to immersion heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock