Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion heater/high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

How can i tell if immersion heater already fitted to cylinder has a high limit stat, important as new (plastic) CWST being fitted to replace an old rigid asbestos tank. Can post a photo of immersion heater if useful

20170705_112221.jpg

I would say the pic you posted has a high limit stat/ cut out and also the thermo stat is a bit high set

Max 60dc

Hi All

How can i tell if immersion heater already fitted to cylinder has a high limit stat, important as new (plastic) CWST being fitted to replace an old rigid asbestos tank. Can post a photo of immersion heater if useful

View attachment 30263
The thermostat in your picture is fitted with an overheat
cut out.
The small red pin on the top will pop out if overheat occurs.

Push it back in where it says reset.

Yep as Shaun says its set too high , however just because it says 65 dont asume it is , they are very unreliable . Personally I would heat the cylinder , and check the water temp with a thermometer , if its 60 or thereabouts leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion heater/high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock