Search the forum,

Discuss i'm looking for a plumber/gas engineer in the St Albans area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hedylaura

For the lengthy back story please see see thread 30624 called "Newly installed combi losing pressure".

But to cut a long story a little bit less long, we have quite a serious leak somewhere on our ground floor (it has been corroborated by many people that it must be a leak causing such as dramatic pressure loss in the system). Basically I don't want to use the guy who installed the boiler to sort out the leak. He didn't forewarn me of the potential issues with switching from a open to a sealed system, which judging by the responses to the above thread, should be a standard thing to do. Especially since we have laminate flooring and much of it may have to come up in order to replace the entire ground floor pipework if the exact location of the leak can't be determined.

We have a cupboard under the stairs which just has the bare floor boards. If we could get those up I'm hoping that there's enough space between the floor and the foundations for someone to be able to get in and identify the exact location of the leak.

If not I am not adverse to the idea of pressure testing the ground floor system bit by bit. I know this will take longer than replacing all the pipework (which is what our current plumber is recommending). But if we can last until Tuesday without hot water (which is the earliest time he is available) then we can last all week.

Any further thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Hedy

I live around half an hour from st albans if any help to you and you cant get anyone round

Thank you for placing your request for a plumbers services on the forums

Any member in the area who thinks they maybe able to help,please pm the op direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to i'm looking for a plumber/gas engineer in the St Albans area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
We have been in our house (2 story) for 2 months. Smelled gas when we moved in around gas fireplace and room. Gas company detected gas and shut off gas. Plumber came out and couldn't find a leak after conducting pressure test. Gas company came back out turned gas back on. Started to smell...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility room removed and a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri wall mounted in the garage. Aside from being old, the original boiler worked perfectly. A full...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock