Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying where my condense pipe goes into in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I posted a thread the other day about my condense pipe being blocked and someone that was sent by the management company telling me that my condense pipe shouldn't feed into a waste pipe (Gas safe registered plumber may have fitted boiler against terms of the lease).

The overwhelming response was that he was fobbing me off, but would anyone be able to help me identify exactly where my condense pipe is connected to based on this photo? Imgur

My kitchen is the lit room above A. My boiler is just to the right of that window with my washing machine just below. The unlit window is my bathroom.

A - this pipe is about 2" across and is cast iron. This is where my condensate pipe and washing machine exit pipe flow into. It's quite an old building so all the pipes seem to be (I think) cast iron. There is another flat above me, is this the right sort of pipe for the condensate to be connected to?

B - The flat below has the same sort of configuration, as does the ground floor flat (not pictured). The ground floor flat has a vent which is blowing out steam behind the thick pipe just to the left of the letter A. I have a bent copper/brass pipe in the same position underneath my window.

C - What is this sort of pipe called? Is it the soil stack? The phrase 'stack' has been used but I'm a bit confused as to exactly what they're referring to.

D - What is this pipe called? Along with the other thick pipe next to the A, they seem to collect rainwater from the gutters.

Sorry for that being quite long, I'm just a bit lost as to the situation. From these photos and the ones in the other thread, does this look like a legitimate connection for my condensate pipe?

Very difficult to tell think you need An independent to tell there should be a white 21.5mm plastic pipe coming out the bottom of your boiler try and trace that to the wall. It should then upsize externally if done properly, likely to 1.25” in black most likely. There’s nothing wrong with it running into the soil stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identifying where my condense pipe goes into in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock