Search the forum,

Discuss Identify pipe... Gas? Or Water? Old black iron pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Just wondered if anyone would be able to identify this pipe from a bathroom I'm ripping out - from under bath - next to kitchen (next door). Will probably have to lift boards and investigate - or open the iron plug... and find out...?

Anyway, I've attached a photo/s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

pipe.jpg

Tough but a rough guess I would say gas pipe

Best to get a gas safe engy to check it out

Gas supply to an old water heater way back in the dark ages, Proberly an old Ascot above the bath, some of the old guys on here will remember them !

Gas supply to an old water heater way back in the dark ages, Proberly an old Ascot above the bath, some of the old guys on here will remember them !

Yes. As I expected. Definitely was gas. Discontinued connection.
Gas safe engineer/plumber popped the plug out and sniffed it. 3 minute job.

Thanks again for everyone who has replied. Let the new bathroom fit work begin. Wish me luck! Inside area is below outside. Waste is going to be fun for the low profile shower tray.

Happy days!

If it were me I'd want the pipe cut below the floorboards and re-plugged, just in case the other end is still attached to a gas supply via a valve. That valve might be off at the moment, but what if someone turns it on in the future?

Might be possible to unscrew pipe from elbow below boards and plug the elbow there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identify pipe... Gas? Or Water? Old black iron pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock