Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal yet again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
About 10 days ago i went to an ideal logic+ that had a fault ( i never fitted nor serviced).
Anyway Ideal said its under warranty so will repair . Over a week later engineer turns up has a quick look and says has it been serviced , cust says yes every year checks paper and engineer starts to question services .
Contacts his manager and then comes back and says he won't repair under warranty has its past 5 years . Cust and engineer then dispute as cust says its 7 year engineer says no its 5 .
Engineer walks out leaves fault , meanwhile cust makes several calls and then engineer calls back and says your boiler was built in 2011 and wasn't fitted until 2012 , so as it wasn't fitted shortly after production it is out of gas safe regs and doesn't come under warranty !!!

They say its been sat on a shelf to long and should of been fitted around 2011 date of manufacture ,
Really what next??

This is well documented and spoken about on the facebook gas sites all the time .
Problems at Ideal

About 10 days ago i went to an ideal logic+ that had a fault ( i never fitted nor serviced).
Anyway Ideal said its under warranty so will repair . Over a week later engineer turns up has a quick look and says has it been serviced , cust says yes every year checks paper and engineer starts to question services .
Contacts his manager and then comes back and says he won't repair under warranty has its past 5 years . Cust and engineer then dispute as cust says its 7 year engineer says no its 5 .
Engineer walks out leaves fault , meanwhile cust makes several calls and then engineer calls back and says your boiler was built in 2011 and wasn't fitted until 2012 , so as it wasn't fitted shortly after production it is out of gas safe regs and doesn't come under warranty !!!

They say its been sat on a shelf to long and should of been fitted around 2011 date of manufacture ,
Really what next??

I had that with Baxi a while ago. A GA boiler had been sitting on the shelf for a while, and they didn't want to honour the warranty when it did go out. However, it only took one call from us to Baxi, and it was sorted.

still no word from ideal who said they would look into my customers ordeal!.

just gathering the troops now and will cause as much damage as necessary when the sand runs out.........i dont let things drop ;)

I've never fitted one of them, and I don't think I will after reading this.

It's a shame that when Ideal had finally got themselves a half decent boiler and had begun to get installers back on side after the disgrace and shambles of the isar / icos they are now shooting themselves in the foot with their customer service.

Boilers with long warranties are going to cause manufacturers issues if they are having reliability problems. Especially more towards to cheaper end of the market.

It's a shame that when Ideal had finally got themselves a half decent boiler and had begun to get installers back on side after the disgrace and shambles of the isar / icos they are now shooting themselves in the foot with their customer service.

Agree with woodsy
If this is going to be the norm, I'll be fitting my last Ideal next week and will push Baxi as my preference

from what ive seen and heard its most manufacturers using all sorts off reasons to dodge warranty's. i think there guts are starting to wrench after the scale of what could be if a model goes pear shaped etc.

Totally agree. I've been really pushing Ideal, telling customers how good they'd become. This has really put me off..

Sell them a Worcester, they don't try and dodge warranty repairs. Everyone knows the name and trusts it. Yes they are expensive, but for good reason.

Sell them a Worcester, they don't try and dodge warranty repairs. Everyone knows the name and trusts it. Yes they are expensive, but for good reason.

I've had most of the day on Worcesters, an old cdi diaphragm change (the pain in the arse one)
Then this afternoon a leaking flow limiter housing/adapter on a 6yr old 30si ( I must be in treble figures on these by now) and on the same boiler a prv change, the one where your fingers need to be ostrich tentacles to get at it
Not happy with either of those designs

EDIT ostrich tentacles! where TF did that come from, can't even blame predictive text
It is my first full day back in 5 weeks though.......and I'm tired/old

OCTOPUS I MEAN'T :bucktooth:

Last edited:

They're a hateful product to work on though, Vaillant warranty is very good and you don't need pencil fingers to work on them.

They're a hateful product to work on though, Vaillant warranty is very good and you don't need pencil fingers to work on them.

hahaha nope same as ideal blaming installer etc

Vaillant warranty isn't great either according to mates I have who fit them.

Agree, there are easier boilers to work on but once you've done a few they become easy.

I must be lucky then, I've had no issues with warranty.

Only good boiler ideal make is the Vogue,i work on them all,the Logic is a cheap boiler,one look at it tells you all you need to know

I went off vaillant because their aftercare is terrible

All I seem to be hearing thesedays about ideal is bad things :(

Tempted to start fitting intergas or look at atag boilers.

Worcester may have a good aftercare, but I just think they're last

vogue is a nice boiler.

all boilers have issues, for me customer service is very important, one bad experience and im using another brand. Baxi, Vaillant, vokera and others have given me one bad experience and i now try to avoid them.

vogue is a nice boiler.

all boilers have issues, for me customer service is very important, one bad experience and im using another brand. Baxi, Vaillant, vokera and others have given me one bad experience and i now try to avoid them.
Thats why i stuck with Baxi,aftercare is excellent,never had a issue with them

Thats why i stuck with Baxi,aftercare is excellent,never had a issue with them

maybe they have improved but my experience of the "no heat team" is poor. Long waitng times on the phone, long waiting times on call outs, thick engineers......

I've just turned down a job because the customer is adamant he wants a ideal logic. I've heard far to many horror stories around various merchants and on here to consider them anymore. Ideal need to realise the power of word of mouth and social media are costing them.

we have fitted loads and had a few issues but they've been repaired in 5 year warranty no problems

4 year old Logic + I installed just been repaired with no issues, just a few days to come out. Split HEX, loosing pressure every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal yet again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock