Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Vogue 32 turn off night running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aix123

Complete beginner here. Just need a bit of advice, if you could help.

My elderly parents recently had installed this combi. They really dislike it kicking in now and again at night. I've turned off the Frost Protection feature, but by design that doesn't stop it running a bit sometimes at night. It disturbs my dad, who is ill. They, and I, feel the installers should have forewarned them about this feature over which there is no control, short of turning off the combi every night. The installers, though good, have not been very helpful in our numerous questions to them. I know it's all about the combi protecting itself. But, apart from very cold period periods over a number of days when that is a useful and understandable feature, is there any way that this feature can be turned off? - perhaps by some weird and wonderful 'hacking', or overriding of the way it operates.

They never had such a feature of their previous system, which lasted for many years. It's not the sort of thing that would occur to anyone to ask about before paying and having it installed.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe this from the manual;

With no demand for CH, the boiler fires only when DHW is drawn
off, or periodically for a few seconds without any DHW draw-off, in
order to maintain the DHW calorifier in a heated condition. This
only occurs if pre-heat is selected from the menu

Thanks both. Much appreciated. I will look into your useful suggestion and get back to you later, either today, or a few days when I'll be able to try this option.

Is there a frost stat and or pipe stat fitted?
Is the pipework insulated?

Sounds like as already said above that pre heat is switched on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Vogue 32 turn off night running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock