Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mini 24s system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgordo

Gas Engineer
Hi , new to forum and this is my first post ,! Got a call to look at ideal mini 24s that was cutting out every ten mins , not locking out , . Customer had been using boiler for hot water only feed to cylinder in hotpress left on , both rad zones manually turned off . Boiler starts and operates fine, flow switch opening and gets up to heat quickly but very poor heat at radiators and hot water never gets beyond about 30 degrees . Am i right in thinking the system needs flushing and maybe new heat exchanger ? Thanks in advance

It could be a number of things. Firstly make sure you have checked the basics. Are the valves open? Is the bypass valve suffiently regulated, ie, not fully open? Is the boiler stat turned up? Is the system vented and full of water? Is the pump working sufficiently?

You could take a sample of the water from the system and see what state it's in.

It could be a number of things. Firstly make sure you have checked the basics. Are the valves open? Is the bypass valve suffiently regulated, ie, not fully open? Is the boiler stat turned up? Is the system vented and full of water? Is the pump working sufficiently?

You could take a sample of the water from the system and see what state it's in.

Thanks arran197, all above are ok ,will drain off a sample as suggested and from what further information I got from customer the boiler hasn't been touched in a few years so it looks increasingly like it needs a complete overhaul . Will be doing end of week and keep you posted ,

Flushed out system , was'nt as sludged up as I thought but did need it . Added inhibitor and fired it up but no change , still cutting out at sixty degrees measured on anton analyser . No fault showed on led's for some reason either . Replaced thermistor and soldered a dry joint near gasvalve solenoid feed and so far so good , at least the phone has'nt rang yet .Thanks again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mini 24s system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening I'll go straight to it.... Ideal mini combi and non thermostat bath shower mixer. Run the hot tap on the mixer boiler fires water stays same temp for 5 mins. Move divertor to shower fully hot boiler fires. Then try to add some cold the boiler cuts off. I then fitted a new...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock