Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mexico super 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys new to the forum.
I got a client who's got an ideal Mexico super 2, every time he turns on hot water the heating comes on as well, It's a very old system when I tried to diagnosed the problem I couldn't find anything, I know the fault is in the system cos boiler is ok,
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

port valves?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Is this fully pumped or pumped heating and gravity hot water?

If it's the latter, it could be a few things.

Are you Gas Safe registered ?
If you are you can send your details in to join the Gas Safe registered Engineers only part of the forum. I know you're not asking about the Boiler here but it could be a handy thing to do for the future?

Hi last plumber
Thanks for the advise, it's pump heating and gravity hot water.
The pump is within the boiler.
Yes I am a gas safe plumber.

I would be looking at controls first also pm Dan or Lou (name in big blue letters) with your gas safe info, and you will be granted into the special gas section where we can talk about gas more openly

Hi Shaun
Thanks for the advice, I did change the old timer that was the first thing caught my eye, but the problem still persists,
Going there back today will take a look at the two port valve.

Hi Shaun
Thanks for the advice, I did change the old timer that was the first thing caught my eye, but the problem still persists,
Going there back today will take a look at the two port valve.

If it's gravity hot water shouldn't be a 2 port on the heating unless they come off the same tapping

Make sure that you have wired the timer correct, pump/boiler should only run when heating demand is on quite a basic system , unless someone has tried to convert to fully pumped system have you had a look in cyl compartment ?

I just come from that job, it's an ideal Mexico super 2 boiler, with pump heating and gravity hot water, checked the motorised valve was ok, the timer was ok, the boiler functioned ok with demand the hot water cylinder is primatic type,but every time you call for hot water the heating comes on with it, so I suspect the air bubble may have diminished with time I think I have to drain the hole system to form back the air gap.
I hope this will resolve the issue as this is the last thing option left.

That's probably right but draining those cylinders are pain in the back,
Will try to check this.
Thanks for the help.

You could freeze both sides of it if there is one ?
Just to check it or replace if necessary

That's a great idea, but there is other thing I noticed they fitted a shower pump to primatic cylinder that probably disrupts the air gap so I thing the best option will be to quote for a new indirect cylinder,
Thanks

That's a great idea, but there is other thing I noticed they fitted a shower pump to primatic cylinder that probably disrupts the air gap so I thing the best option will be to quote for a new indirect cylinder,
Thanks
Best to upgrade cylinder and system to fully pumped ,Primatic cylinder s a Pane in the backside + cant put inhibitor in system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mexico super 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock