Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic heat 24 fan - cycles on and off all night (when in an off mode) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an Ideal Logic Heat 24 boiler, but even when in off mode on the programmer, it constantly starts the fan up for a few seconds and then shuts down again. Any ideas please? Not good for light sleepers!

Best and easiest way is get a gas safe engy to have a look and maybe service the boiler

If your sure none of the programs are running

Appreciate that, but it's a new house, and the builders boiler engineer has serviced and confirmed the boiler is ok since we commented on this to them. I'd like to establish if this is normal though?

No not on a heat only boiler

Yes on a combi boiler (pre heat)

Thanks. it's a ideal logic heat 24 which heats an immersion tank plus the central heating so I'm fairly sure it's not a combi. It doesnt seem to be heating, just running an internal fan that's quite noisy (in the dead of night when directly above it). Any ideas why it would run?

Other than an anti seize function (which I'm sure the logics don't have)

Or maybe a frost stat kicking in but the boiler would fire / heat up

Do radiators get warm?
Is the hot water program off?

New build , very possible wiring fault but personally I would ring ideal up , the boiler is obviously under warrenty

Appreciate that, but it's a new house, and the builders boiler engineer has serviced and confirmed the boiler is ok since we commented on this to them. I'd like to establish if this is normal though?
If it is under warranty then I would just get the builders back. That is what you paid for in the first place. Peace of mind so that this did not happen. However like all new builds nowadays there is always something not quite right with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic heat 24 fan - cycles on and off all night (when in an off mode) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
E
Have an Ideal Logic + 18 with intermittent fault. When on demand the display constantly changes from O to C but burner doesn’t start. Can fix by switching Off then On again, but this only lasts for a day or two. As it’s an intermittent fault I’m reluctant to call out an Engineer. Any ideas?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an Ideal Logic max 35 and have just connected my Nest thermostat via opentherm. The boiler modulates the water temp fine but as the heat reaches the the target temp on the thermostat, the boiler turns the flame off, keeps the pump running and then every 90-120seconds refires the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock