Discuss Ideal logic combi 30 boiler with error F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vonnie

hi

I have an ideal logic combi 30 boiler thats showing F1 error i believe this is the water pressure as its sitting at 0 i have opened the valved but the pressure wont rise what else can i do to fix it as Im freezing my chacha off its -3 outside and i have no heating and the council do see me as an emergancy

There will be another valve to open aswell at the other end of the pipe / tube

Hi Have you opened both the valves under the boiler? The blue and black valves on the right hand side of the boiler need to be turned to face you until the pressure rises then shut back off. It only takes seconds so DONT take your hands off of the valves as you do it.

ok my bolier is taking the **** have had it turned off for the past 2 hours went to check what way the valves go and the pressure has fixed itself and i now have heating woohoo

looks like you have left the valves open for too long and the pressure has gotten to high, find your drain valve outside open it and let some water out to get the pressure back down to between 1.2-1.5 bar COLD

when pressurising, have 2 valves closed, open blue valve fully, open black valve slowly and let water in slowly rising to 1.2 bar then shut off BOTH valves

yea sorry i opened them like 4 hours ago and when nothing happened i closed them again

Hi Have you opened both the valves under the boiler? The blue and black valves on the right hand side of the boiler need to be turned to face you until the pressure rises then shut back off. It only takes seconds so DONT take your hands off of the valves as you do it.

Thanks very much for this. Just woke up to find the same F1 problem (which I think is due to the sub zero temperatures) and must admit I panicked somewhat not knowing the first thing about boilers. Thanks to you though the problem has been remedied.

At the back of the boiler there is a big red expansion vessel. This is there so when the heating comes on and the water expands in the system, the excess has somewhere to go. It should be filled with just over 1 bar of air pressure (tyre valve inlet on exp vess). The vessel may need pumping up again as they do lose their air from time to time. The effects of this is that after the heating has been on for a while the pressure rises up so much that the built in pressure releif valve opens and the water is dumped outside, sometimes these valves stay open until it removes all of the pressure in the system. To repressurise the vessel drain the water out of the system and leave the draink cock open. On the top of the boiler between the main case and the wall is where the vessel is situated and there should be a tyre valve with a cap on it. You can attach a footpump to it and pump it to 1.3 bar as you will lose a bit of pressure when you take the pump off.

i have this boiler and have the same F1 error i looked in the boiler manual on the fault and what to do.but when i open the valves blue fully and then the black slowly nothing happens.its as if there is no pressure/water.i can find no shut off taps to the mains other than the one that turns the water off to the sink taps.can someone please advice me as no one will come out until tuesday to look at it and we have no heating or hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic combi 30 boiler with error F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back