Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I am a plumber but not a gas safe plumber . I have recently changed a shower room into a bath room in my niece's house. The job went well but now we cannot get any hot water out of the boiler to any of the taps. This despite the fact that the heating is working.

I have done nothing to the boiler ( I know it is illegal of me to touch the boiler and I would not know what to do anyway) I did turn off the boiler when I had to drain down the pipework to alter the pipework. However I bled the air out of the system and the hot and cold worked fine.

However now the setting stays at O on the display although you hear the boiler coming on the water stays cold.

The only other thing I have done is change the direction of the condensate pipe, which still feeds into the bath waste as before. It just joins the bath waste a little before now

Anyone have any thoughts

Thanks

Paul

Cold from the hot tap or no water at all?
Did you reopen all valves?

Have you got pressure in the heating?
What does the boiler do when you open a tap?

Hi, I am not at the property but my nephew tells me that the heating is working fine. When he turns on the tap for the hot water, it briefly comes out hot then turns cold again. The boiler fires up but the display shows O
Thanks

Paul

Sounds like you need someone to take a look at it

Hi, I am not at the property but my nephew tells me that the heating is working fine. When he turns on the tap for the hot water, it briefly comes out hot then turns cold again. The boiler fires up but the display shows O
Thanks

Paul
Hi, I have just found out that the pressure is 1.5 bar and when the hot tap is turned on the boiler does not fire up and cold water comes out the hot tap

Thanks

paul

If the heating works, pressures at 1.5 and it’s displaying “0” (standby) when you demand hot, And it was all working perfectly before hand....

Erm you haven’t accidentally tee’d the hot and cold together any where have you? Go to the boiler, turn off the cold inlet isolator to the boiler and see if water comes out the hot taps....

If it does, then that’s the issue.

If the heating works, pressures at 1.5 and it’s displaying “0” (standby) when you demand hot, And it was all working perfectly before hand..

Erm you haven’t accidentally tee’d the hot and cold together any where have you? Go to the boiler, turn off the cold inlet isolator to the boiler and see if water comes out the hot taps..

If it does, then that’s the issue.
Thanks SPS, I will check today. I dont think it is the issue as I checked the new hot and cold feed to the bath taps before I fitted the bath but I will check it later. Could it be possibly anything else?
Paul

Look to the boiler filling loop, its built in on the logics pipe work, you will have used it to refill the heating. You have to turn off the cold water inlet to the boiler to get it to fill the heating and its commonly left off which results in no water coming out of the taps.

True but they have cold water coming out the taps!

These suggestions are the only things I can really think of with out getting a gsr plumber out.

A short burst of hot then cold, but boiler not firing up, sounds like it is warm due to pre heat/comfort mode, but not detecting any flow from the dhw side to fire up.
If you can check without opening the combustion/flue path, check the dhw flow valve and inlet screen for foreign material and connection in good condition. Could be some lime scale dropped back into the flow turbine and Jammed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 24 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock