Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic+ Combi 24 - no hot water or heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrme01

Hi folks,

I've read the disclaimer about offering advice to those without being registered as gas safe, but I *don't* think the issue is something worthy of an engineer visit (my landlord isn't great with paying out for general repairs), just looking for some advice, however I'm more than willing to change my opinion if the forum deems so.

Anyway,
If I turn the hot tap on with power to the boiler, the boiler does nothing. Not a hum, squeak or anything you'd associate with the boiler firing up, but if I power cycle the boiler with the tap open, I get hot water.

If I try and turn the heating on whilst I do this, and turn the tap off, the boiler goes into its resting state and will not 'light' up again. No heating or hot water from this point unless the tap is open and power cycled.
Turning the dial to reset with the tap open doesn't seem to produce hot water, the boiler doesn't seem to stay 'lit' once it's done powering on.

I don't have direct access to the front of the boiler, only from the side at the moment so I cannot read any error codes it may be displaying as there's a tall fridge/freezer in front of it in the corner of the kitchen. I'll get the codes (if any) at the request of the forum.

Is there something I can do, some reset process in the engineering menu (I have the installation manual, none of the troubleshooting looks like my particular issue), or is this a part that needs swapping out, if so, what part is it so I know how much I'm looking at for a repair.

Just to be clear here, I am not going to take on this sort of repair and jeopardise the safety of my family, I'm just looking for an approximate cost in the likely event I have to pay for this.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Even if it's specifying a price for either the part or part and labour without being explicit in the detail of the part(s) that need to be replaced, just so I have an idea of the price.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, move the fridge so you can see the front, turn the reset knob, if that don't work phone your landlord as the problem needs the case taken off & only a gas safe person can do thiis who will need access to the boiler...

Good advice above. Would be very surprised if a reset process sorted it.

Call your landlord and get a Gas Safe engineer out to sort it for you. As for cost, its your landlords problem not yours. Why would you pay for the repair in a rented property?

Look at the gauge underneath. What's the pressure?

Hi folks, sorry for the delayed reply. Life got in the way. I've had the time to pull the fridge out and have a look, in the installer guide, it's frame 84. Low water pressure, fill system to 1 bar, bleed radiators, contact installer.

I've bled the radiators (again), loads of air in most of them. But since doing that, it drops into the error state almost after turning it on and I can't trick it into giving me hot water like I could before.
The gauge on the bottom reports 1/4 bar so I assume I need to fill it? Can I do that with the knobs on the bottom of the boiler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, I've refilled the loop as the filling pipe was left attached. Filled to up to about 1.5 bar, closed the filling taps and it all seems to be working. I've also re bled the radiators . No air in the system :)

The screws on the radiator bleed valves don't look too great, anyone aware of how I can get replacement screws? They've got white nozzle things to direct the flow, if that helps?

Whenever you bleed any of the radiators you need to check the pressure and top up as necessary, otherwise you end up with the fault you had
As for the air vents, just buy new plugs they're a couple of quid and easy to replace

I'll keep that in mind when it comes to bleeding the radiators next time.

I meant the screws themselves. They've been tightened up a few times by the looks of it and a few of them won't take kindly to being tightened after another bleed or two (someone has used the wrong screwdriver), and the heads are a bit chewed up. Or do I need to replace the entire end cap ?

Call your landlord and get a Gas Safe engineer out to sort it for you. As for cost, its your landlords problem not yours. Why would you pay for the repair in a rented property?

He tried charging us for replacing a light pendant that had become brittle. He blamed the lampshade without even seeing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic+ Combi 24 - no hot water or heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock