Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm in the market for a new boiler. Been recommended the above boiler by an installer. Is it any good or should I stick to Bosch Worcester?

I would favour the ideal pal , but go for the vogue not the logic . Everybody on here knows my thoughts about Wooooosters , nah !!

You get what you get with Ideal decent mid range boiler simple as that, i use to fit a lot of baxi's but have noticed they tend to have faults in first couple years so swerved from them now.

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't want to spend fortunes and not being a heating engineer/plumber what would the equivalent Valliant boiler be (30kw combi) to what I've been recommended?

Go for the Ideal Vogue 32kw combi model if you can afford extra few pounds, better than the logic plus as to construction & interface/modulation of heat, etc & longer warranty,
Cheers,
Andy

It's the Logic plus if that helps :)
That’s what I had fitted about 2.5 years ago. Fitted by local man 40 years in the trade, his recommendation having fitted many of them. Works perfectly and better than the Worcester that it replaced. To be fair that one was here when we bought, and was 18 years old when replaced. A lot of parts fitted to it in recent years.

Ideal’s are the worst boiler on the market. Heat exchanger gets blocked up very easily.

Out of all the boiler i work on the Bosch are the least problematic.

I'm in the market for a new boiler. Been recommended the above boiler by an installer. Is it any good or should I stick to Bosch Worcester?
How many bathrooms have you got?
To be fair everyone has their own preference but based on the knowledge and experience I would not touch baxi, biasi or main boilers. If you have a choice between ideal, Worcester, viessmann and Vaillant I would go for Vaillant all the way. If you are not short of many and want something long lasting go for Vaillant ecotec plus 825. You will not require 30-32kw for your property Thats well to much.
Aftercare of vaillant is spot on too. If you have 2 Bathrooms consider the Vaillant 938 otherwise you will have some issues with the water pressure

Sorry Harvest, but I disagree on that. If the op has got a 3 bedroom property and 1 bathroom the ecotec 825 is more than enough
You are allowed to disagree mate. But in my opinion it isn’t good enough for the demand. Clearly I have not inspected the house however I believe it should be a minimum of a 28kw dependant on hot water demand. (The customer will not be happy if he has 11 litres a minute at the moment and you then replace it with a boiler that does 9). If you do that all the time I bet you have loads of happy customers:D:D

It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage so quite small. Getting back to the first post the guy said he was going to fit a magna clean and scale reducer. Those Valliants look a lot more money than the ideal but I suppose you get what you pay for. I can't get my head around why 50 percent say ideal are the nuts and others slag it off. I was thinking of upping it to the vogue.

It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage so quite small. Getting back to the first post the guy said he was going to fit a magna clean and scale reducer. Those Valliants look a lot more money than the ideal but I suppose you get what you pay for. I can't get my head around why 50 percent say ideal are the nuts and others slag it off. I was thinking of upping it to the vogue.
All depends on the engineer mate. You definitely want a filter on the heating and a scale reducer on the cold water inlet to the boiler (If in an hard water area) and a 25kw is still too small.(in my opinion)

Last edited:
All depends on the engineer mate. You definitely want a filter on the heating and a scale reducer on the cold water inlet to the boiler (If in an hard water area) and a 25kw is still too small.(in my opinion)
30+kw is what I need. My Worcester Bosch 35cdi is probably 10/15 years old and definitely needs replacing. Running a bath is becoming a nightmare.

As long as it's well fitted and to s clean system you should be fine.
A heat exchanger can only get blocked from a dirty heating system.

You will also need a shock arrestor if you have a water meter.

Reply to Ideal Logic 30kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock