Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30+ HE Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Towner

Hi guys, new to the forum as I wanted some answers from people who know what they are talking about!!
About to purchase a Ideal Logic 30+, I know Ideal have been anything but in the past but from the brief information on the net about this boiler it seems that times have changed. This boiler is to replace a Biasi 28S (10 years old) which for the last 4 years at Xmas/New year time has managed to go wrong. Latest dilema was the Divertor valve (new seal kit fitted) but that repair has lasted just 2 weeks. Its time for it to go.
Am I making the right decision on this Ideal as all looks good on paper and it has a 5 year warranty (or am I going to need it)??
How much would a GasSafe engineer charge (labour only) to replace it??
Your opinions and comments gratefully received. Thanks.

dont bother,get a potterton performa 30 he,reliable,dont need gasketts to service it,cheap spares and i have lots fitted inc my own home dont get a instant version of this though flow rates no better and its a shed the normal 30 he is a simple reliable powerfull combi if you were in my area i would charge about 11oo to change depending on survey then about 300 for a de-scale but prices are cheaper in wales

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Mark, any idea as to what sort of money would need to change hands to do the job??

Anyone got any experience of this boiler??

honestly not sure in your area,the performa is bas icily a baxi 105 he i have 134 fitted over 5 years stander d efficiency first then he they dont give many problems my customers love them and if they do play up[as any combi can]a competant engineer should be able to rectify as this boiler has been with us for 11 years so all the bugs have been ironed out its been modified for he tecnoligy i would not fit anything else one tip though the system must be clean and have inhibitor such as sentinel or fernox installed

Thanks Mark. Will look at the Potterton's.
Have been quoted about £500 to swap them over. I thought this was exspensive but do not know the going rate for this kind of work so maybe its cheap!!

yes but thats not includeing the boiler,the price sample i gave was supply and fit

Sorry Mark, misread your first post, didnt even see the price you stated!!

no worrys,there are lots of good boilers out there just as there are even more bad ones all i can give you is the benefit of my experience,not only do i install this make i also maintain on a insurance contract basis so i am not going to take on a unreliable boiler,price wise look also at baxi 105 he,potterton performa 30 he and main 30he be carefull with the main though as they have launched their 5 year warranty band a [thease are band b]and its not as good a boiler but has the same name but the 105,performa,and main 30 he are the same boilers just badge engineered. but stay well away if its a performa i,105 instant or main 30 i he they are very different inside

Ideal Logic is a very good boiler. Have fitted a number with no issues. Very quiet, very good hot water output. Opentherm and weather compensation built in. Here in the southwest they are selling very well with no issues reported.
91.1% sedbuk rated, and very low modulation.

Sorry Guys, took the plunge and had one fitted today!! It is very quiet and the hotwater output seems good. The radiators are the hottest they have ever been, will have to get used to setting the Temp via the Digi Wireless clock gizmo. One thing that did annoy me greatly was that on the Ideal site it clearly states on the PDF and HTML brochure that the Plus model comes with a telescopic flue as standard, it in fact states it twice!! Called Ideal and they say no its an option. Have a read for your selves and see how you read it. See page 3 and 10 of PDF brochure.

http://www.idealboilers.com/docs/pdf/logic_brochure.pdf

Time will tell if I have made the right decision........

If you have got the programmable wirless room stat then this is opentherm enabled and the room stat will modulate the boiler. Upto 15% gas saving a year with this technology.
Yes web site is a bit misleading about Flue. You have a option of tele flue of standard flue, but if brought as a boiler pack you will get standard flue.

Hi Dan, Waiting for an an answer from Ideal about the misleading info on their brochure. Yes it is a wireless digi box so good to know will be saving more cash beacuse of it. Have you fitted many of these?? Any problems as yet??

Ideal Logic is a very good boiler. Have fitted a number with no issues. Very quiet, very good hot water output. Opentherm and weather compensation built in. Here in the southwest they are selling very well with no issues reported.

I have now fitted 2 x Logic 30+, both have snapped on the clip that holds the PCB up, also find the fan rattles when first starts up. Gone on Viessmann tech course, will not look back now, as have fitted one and got another 3 to do. Fantastic German boile, better than Vaillant

i did warn about ideals whats the point in coming on here for a honest opinion ,being told how unreliable ideals are and then having one fitted?are you crackers? op not colleagues

Nothing wrong with the Logic at all. See other post. 50,000 installed 1.5% call back which includes installation faults. In the Southwest in is taking over from WB. There are a number of WB accredited installers in the Southwest now fitting Logic. If guys try them and do not like them fair enough, but THE LOGIC IS A GOOD BOILER!!

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/12186-ideal-logic.html

See other comments

I have now fitted 2 x Logic 30+, both have snapped on the clip that holds the PCB up, also find the fan rattles when first starts up. Gone on Viessmann tech course, will not look back now, as have fitted one and got another 3 to do. Fantastic German boile, better than Vaillant

All I fit is Viessmann, Those Intergas boilers look interesting too I might give one of them a try.

All I fit is Viessmann, Those Intergas boilers look interesting too I might give one of them a try.
I tried an intergas in my own house . expensive but really really good

Hi, im getting one of these logic + 30kw boilers fitted, is it woth getting the componsate kit? Also whats is opentherm?

If you can stick the weather comp on that programer I'd do it well woth it. Fitted a good few with weather comp and can say it is very effective.

If you can stick the weather comp on that programer I'd do it well woth it. Fitted a good few with weather comp and can say it is very effective.

Sorry i was going to get weather componsate kit on it own(would this do anything)?, im not sure what opentherm is or what programmer it is.

Hi guys and gals, just writing here to tell you of my experience with the ideal logic HE30 and burst Ideals bubble.

We selected the boiler because it offered a 5 years free parts and labour warranty and because our 'plumber' friend was raving about them. The boiler had been running fine for 6 months but the other day there was a peculiar banging noise from the boiler, the pressure went up to 3 bars and we lost hot water to the radiators. I don't profess to know everything about boilers but I read my way through the fault manual, no fault codes showed on the boiler read out and the flow charts suggested I rang for an engineer. I duly called the help-line and was greeted by a grumpy old g1t, who after 20 mins of reading the manual to me, announced that the boiler was OK and it was an installation fault.
I called the installers who in turn were a little annoyed at the fact that they had to come and inspect the boiler. On inspection they declared that the expansion vessel was buggered. They themselves called the help line and met with some resistance by the same grumpy old g1t. On the third call to the help line they agreed to send an engineer the next day, who promptly arrived when he said he would. The engineer proclaimed that the expansion vessel was indeed buggered also the actuator was shot. He changed the actuator but could not complete the repairs that day as he would need to order the expansion vessel. At the time he left there was hot water to the CH and DH. 10 mins later no hot water at all, the boiler was showing the error – ‘ignition lock out’. I turned to the manual and followed the guidance but to no avail the boiler would not fire. Another call to the help line and this time they had no record of me??? I explained what had happened and the confusion was then resolved Ideal had sent the engineer not Homeserve, however my plight does not end there. Oh no, because it is now Saturday and the Ideal lines are closed I cannot call an Ideal engineer and Homeserve are unwilling to send a emergency engineer as it is already logged and been actioned, so I am left with no hot water for the weekend. Ho Hum

Yup i believe you are right. I have just spent another 15 minutes with the not so helpful help line, Ideal will not send an engineer until they have the new part which will take 3-5 working days. I can't believe that they don't have a bloke with a van full of parts who can sort things out. Especially when they have left the boiler in a worse state than it was.

Ideal boilers - crap-olla
Homserve Help line - crap-olla
Ideal Engineers - crap-olla
Ideal customer services - crap-olla

I installed 2 last week..I was very impressed with price,looks,size,performance and weight. And the display is the best I have ever seen on a boiler.. Thinking about fitting one at home.. The only small gripe is that the flue gas sampling point is too small.

hi there i have had one of these fitted with a wireless controller.
it connect through a 9" thich brick wall.

why when i put the system to cont off does it keep the rads warm at 46 degrees, is this that the wireless it loosing comms?

it does not seem to be responding to the controller very well and for some reason it does not respond very well.

Me again, yes the Ideal Crappy Tech has broken down again, twice in the space of less than a year, don't buy one of these Ideal are still JUNK!!.

Oh and any idea why the filling loop doesn't work any more??

You would say that. YOU WORK FOR THEM. Logic boiler, buy cheap = buy twice

Intresting thread. I'm an installer in the southwest, and recently decided to try a the logic +, so far only fitted a system boiler and a combi. Initially I was impressed. Very tidy looking boiler, as said with a great display. Very good price and a 5 year warranty. Previously I fitted wb and viessmann. Unfortunately iv had a couple problems with both installations. First off I got the system boiler fitted and found it was missing a flue seal, to which their customer service was most unhelpful, and when I did manage to get them to send the part, the wrong one turned up. Anyway, finally got sorted. I recently fitted the combi, and have found a couple small problems. First off the condense trap leaked, speaking to some mates it's fairly standard, they are not tight out factory. The customer is also not happy, as the pressure gauge is rattling, for some reason ideal decided to fit it to the flow outlet and is subject to pump pressure. The customer spoke to customer service and must have spoken to the same old grumpy git, who was no help.

For me, the boiler looks good, run quiet and cheap. But so far not had a decent experience with there technical help service which is a good reason not to buy a boiler. Installers don't need the agro. Deciding wherever to carry on using them or give up. Not going to judge them by their previous boilers, else if I did that, I would strongly recommend that people didn't fit baxi's!

Also tried intergas, but their interface is rubbish and I don't like the separate expansion, so probably won't bother with them either. That's my view on it anyway.

Yea fair few problems with solos. Been to alot of 105e's lately, many failed pcbs, diverters (common I know), flue clamps, split heatechangers. I know some problems may be down to installation, just strange how it's mainly baxi's. Don't go to many worcesters...

probably because lots of baxis fitted and to be fair the 105e is getting on abit but its much easier to work on than any worcester,if your finding burst recuperators on the he version always down to dirty system or x800 used to descale

hi i have read all the posts on the boiler and can honestly say i've fitted 17 of these + boilers and have never had a problem with any of them but because i hve a good rep.i suggest to the other doubting people out there when i do have a problem with them then i will move on as do all us engineers to the next best thing.
the answer i give is good choice and remember nothings perfect.

Must have fitted 20+ of Ideals Logic range in the last couple of years and i'm a big fan! Not had any call backs on any of them,dead easy to install,lightweight,good price and an easy to use RF progammer.Yes,the Isar was a rubbish Boiler but i think they have learned from that and upped their game. I also think their Technical support has vastly improved aswell!
In response to an earlier reply,i have also been called out to a shedload of Baxi 80/105 combis recently with all manner of things wrong with them,most of them under 10 years old and a couple needed replacing.The Duo-Tecs are ok but these are pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic 30+ HE Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock