Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic 30 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordonv101

Hi Guys

I am having an Ideal Logic 30 combi boiler fitted next week at a cost of £1100 fitted and it has a 7 year guarantee subject to annual servicing. I think the price is reasonable but can anybody tell me if I am doing the right thing. I can have a Vaillant eco tec 28 fitted for £1300 but the guarantee is only 2 years. I know ideal have not been too good in the past but have they now got it right with this boiler.
Many thanks in advance to all who give advice.

Ive fitted a few Logics and they seem like a good boiler, as far as reliability, the simple answer is we don't know for sure as they haven't been around long enough. I assume its the Logic+ model? The 7 year warranty is a good selling pint IMO. Personally I prefer Vaillants but the warranty on a pro is either 1 year or 3 years (if you use a Vaillant approved installer). Every warranty is dependent on annual servicing and as long as the installer has correctly installed it, flushed out the system etc.. then you should have problems with either.
The prices you have got are really good IMO.

I would beware of the annual servicing aspect - how much is this and what is covered. If the service costs
are low ok but it will also need parts - are they covered 7 years at £100 a pop !!!!!

You might end up in the cheap printer syndrome - cheap printer stuck with expensive ink.

The company are going to get their dosh back somehow. I would have the vaillant and
take out private cover. Always keep water in system treated as per instructions.
Vaillant = BMW ideal = Renault my opinion based on 35 years exp and friends in low places
at british gas servicing

centralheatking

Hi
Thanks for the reply. The guy who is fitting the boiler charges £50 for a service. As far as I am aware no parts are needed for a service. I assume its just a check up and clean. The boiler is being fitted into a rental property so the 7 year warranty seems suitable for me. I have a Vaillant in my own home and a couple of months ago it took the fitter about 20 minutes to do its first service.

Hi
As far as I am aware no parts are needed for a service
This will be on top of that £50 as nobody will do service for that price with parts included, on the other hand, its a new boiler so fingers crossed that nothing will break for many years :smile:

£1100?! Jesus that's cheap. Is that with new roomstat or is he reusing the old?

Hi
That includes the boiler flue and stand away kit cos the pipes have to go down the back of the boiler... Not sure about room stat.
Whats your opinion of the Ideal Logic 30 boiler.

Thanks

Hi
That includes the boiler flue and stand away kit cos the pipes have to go down the back of the boiler... Not sure about room stat.
Whats your opinion of the Ideal Logic 30 boiler.

Thanks

it's a good boiler, but you need someone of sound mind to fit it,

if your installer's doing the job for £1100, he must be one brick short of a full load. :smile:

The logics a great boiler in my opinion. And the price is exceptional! Just make sure a roomstat is fitted or your old stat is reconnected. Oh and make sure you check his gas safe details for your own piece of mind.

Hi
Thanks for that. Im reasonably confident about him being Gas Safe but Ill check and I will make sure about a room stat.

Hi Johnny plumb

I will ask him to go for a mental proficiency examination before he starts the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do lets all know how you get on - its often the feedback which can help us to advise others

centralheatking

This seems to be a £700 boiler so the fitting costs £400. The existing system can't be getting much of a clean or a magnaclean fitted. In a years time your boiler could be clogged up and the manufacturer might not be willing to honour the warranty. Just a thought.

Ive fitted a few Logics and they seem like a good boiler, as far as reliability, the simple answer is we don't know for sure as they haven't been around long enough. I assume its the Logic+ model? The 7 year warranty is a good selling pint IMO. Personally I prefer Vaillants but the warranty on a pro is either 1 year or 3 years (if you use a Vaillant approved installer). Every warranty is dependent on annual servicing and as long as the installer has correctly installed it, flushed out the system etc.. then you should have problems with either.
The prices you have got are really good IMO.

We're vaillant accredited and can give 5 years not 3.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You can only get 5 on the premium 'plus' & 'exclusive' range, on the 'pro' its 3 years for accredited installers (1 to everyone else).

Last edited:
Speak to your rep. We give 5's across the range

Not really. Might be because we do a lot of em.

Hi
The boiler I am having fitted is in a rental property in Salford but my daughter is in it so it has to be right.
I have a Vaillant eco tec pro 28 at my own home fitted about 15 months ago by a Vaillant accredited fitter with a 5 year warranty.
What is the best price for the same Vaillany with a 5 year warranty

Depends on a number of factors Gordon. We're just down the road from you so if you want you can pm me and we can pop round and take a look and quote for the work

I'm Vaillant accredited too and apparently we can only offer 3 years on a Pro, 5 years on a Plus & Exclusive.
If this is not the case then someone at Vaillant is not telling the truth. Ill be pretty upset if they are offering different conditions to different companies. Regardless of how many you fit, you should be either accredited or not.

I know pricing & support varies with volume which is understandable but to vary warranty with volume is underhand imo.

UPDATED: IIRC They were doing 5 year warranties on the Pro models last year as a special offer, That's now finished but Ill be checking with the rep on Monday morning!

Last edited:
We ring em through. Hello we want to register this boiler for 5yr warranty.....ok no problem what's the details etc

Good to know Kay-Jay, Ill be dangling my rep by the danglies next week.. He's been denying that anyone can get better warranty or support than what we can give.

A certain company in Bolton get's 6 years warranty on all Vaillant Plus boilers
Kay-Jay will know who i mean

Just be careful with the logic that either the bypass radiator is correctly sized if your using TRVs all round, or the an auto bypass is fitted. Bit of a negative for fitting them as I can't see the reasoning behind it and there are loads of them about without (read the manual)

Unfortunately though it's a reason to void the 7 year warranty.

Personally, I think I would go for the logic even though I have an ecotec at home! Vaillants have lost a bit of their edge recently and a lot of the features you pay for are above and beyond what the average UK installation can make the most of. Being in warranty for 70% of its predicted lifespan is very valuable, not sure I could justify the additional cost of a Vaillant to my customers.

Stay away from Worcester and you'll be just fine :)

Last edited:
As above the warranty wont be valid if the system is full of crud when it breaks down, is a magnetic filter included in the price, sludge remover, cleanser and inhibitor, that would be £160 from me alone.

This is an old thread, the boiler will probably be in the bin now because it wont have been cleaned at that price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic 30 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock