Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ideal isar HE30 question in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. BILLENK

BILLENK GSR

Hi just a question that will help me in the future hopefully.

I was working on said boiler today and the condense trap was completely blocked and had been for a long time to the point it was backed up into the bottom of the heat exchanger.

I thought that modern condensing boilers would not work with a blocked condense? Is this not the case for all manufacturers?
    (I mainly work on Worcesters and have only been GSR for 2 years)

I know there are different methods for boiler to sense blocked condense but still had me confused.

Cheers for any advice

2. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

You're saying the condensate (pipe, whatever) is blocked but it's still working as per MI's?

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Are you Gas Safe Registered?

4. BILLENK

BILLENK GSR

Yes I am, and yes the customer said it had been working fine except noisy which is the pump I have to change

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Drop @Lou@Lou your gas safe number and she will sort you out the correct access.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

I wont give you too much info , but Isars and Icos’s are prone to this due to the aly block . Traps and sumps block up regularly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1