Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal isar 30HE Leak from DHW outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS

Gas Engineer
Been called out to leaking Isar 30HE coming from the plastic body of the diverter assembly at the DHW outlet - from what I can see - not a lot of space in there! Boiler working fine, no pressure drop, leak stopped when isolating cold water inlet to boiler. Removed copper elbow and replaced 'o' ring but still leaking. MI's don't list that part unfortunately. Wondered if any of you more knowledgeable and experienced folk had come across this issue before and able to shed some enlightment - are these plastic bodies prone to cracking? Your help is much appreciated...

Thanks for that Lambed84, that's confirmed my suspicions of a crack/fracture on the plastic diverter manifold. It looks like a right ball ache to replace though, and I'm guessing a new diverter manifold costs a bit too!

Diverter manifold replaced, you were right Lambed - wasn't as bad as I thought! Took about an hour as I was being a bit meticulous thoroughly cleaning every component, replacing every seal, etc. I couldn't see a fracture in the manifold but the old rubber seal between manifold and plate heat exchanger had gone brittle and suspect leak was coming from this deteriorated seal. All went back together nicely and now leak free. Thanks for the advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal isar 30HE Leak from DHW outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is not listed on any diagram. It sits ahead of the rubber o ring item 45 on drawing and has has the same ID and OD as the oring but is made from white...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too! Sorry this post is going to be quite long/descriptive but I was just hoping to get a second opinion on the methodology the plumber used to fix our boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi - hoping someone can help me pinpoint the issue here! I’ve got an Ideal Isar (yup, I’m aware they’re crap boilers). My radiators get warm even when I don’t have the central heating on. I switched the boiler off to let everything cool down and then switched it on to document what happens. I...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all i have the above boiler thats now in its 14th year of service .Now i know these things dont have a good reputation but i have to say this one has been relatively trouble free till now .Only last week i noticed a steady drip and after a little exploration i worked out its coming from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock