Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal icos he15 boiler - Working as normal but no lights or display??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cithompson

Hi,

First post on here! Earlier today i noticed a slight burning smell in my kitchen. Looked around and realised all the lights on the display on my ideal icos he15 boiler had gone off.

However the heating and water are still working and you can hear the boiler firing up when the thermostat is clicked on.

Any ideas what this will be and if i need to replace anything or ok just to leave it?

Only issue is in selling my house and new people moving in in a month.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum,
With it being an Ideal Icos id being thinking shot of it when you movMay pay get a gsr to do a once over on it imho

Welcome to the forum,
With it being an Ideal Icos id being thinking shot of it when you movMay pay get a gsr to do a once over on it imho

Applicances that give off a 'burning smell' are obviously in need of attention by a qualified person.

If the boiler was working when the purchasers agreed the sale then I'd advise you to get it repaired properly before completion. If you don't do this the first thing the new owners are going to do are get it repaired at your expense. Don't be suprised if 'their' plumber condemns the boiler and they try and get you to foot the bill for its complete replacement. If it gets to that point the cost of a new PCB, or whatever is needed, is going to look like a real bargain.

This is not legal advice. Check your position with your solicitor.

sorry to say lads the new owners have moved in by now :)

op posted in feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal icos he15 boiler - Working as normal but no lights or display??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock