Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal E Type Boiler Ventilation Requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Competent DIYer

Hello All

I've just joined this forum after googling its results for years - very helpful thankyou.

I have an extremely old ideal e type boiler CF105N that works like a trogan. It is in an internal boiler room with no external walls with a flue exiting through a chimney to the outside.

Ventillation is provided by 2four inch pipes that vent to the outside of the building with a heat sensitive extractor constantly circulating air. An old gas report stated inadequate ventilation but I do not know if it predates the mechanical extraction.

Is anyone able to confirm that this arrangement is compliant with regs?

cheers

Hi
It depends on to many variables, within looking at the job. Boiler input. Room or compartment. Etc.
My calcs says 126cm2 of free air at low level. But needs to be seen
The mechanical ventilation would have to be linked into the boiler as a fail safe.
I'm not telling you to do the above, as its job specific.

The main problem here is that you have been looking for "years" so that means no gas safe engineers have serviced the boiler!
Please get one in to service it and do propper calculations for combustion air and make sure it's safe for you and your family.
Open flue appliances are a major scource of carbon monoxide deaths!

Hi
It depends on to many variables, within looking at the job. Boiler input. Room or compartment. Etc.
My calcs says 126cm2 of free air at low level. But needs to be seen
The mechanical ventilation would have to be linked into the boiler as a fail safe.
I'm not telling you to do the above, as its job specific.

The main problem here is that you have been looking for "years" so that means no gas safe engineers have serviced the boiler!
Please get one in to service it and do propper calculations for combustion air and make sure it's safe for you and your family.
Open flue appliances are a major scource of carbon monoxide deaths!

Hi there,

And welcome to the forum.

I can only agree to Chalk, you should get a qualified gas safe registered person out to have a look at the boiler. I would not hesitate especially not when it come ps to your own health and safety. As mentioned above the worst is carbon monoxide which could kill you easily without you knowing it.

regards

Ron

As above.

You're quite correct to be concerned about the ventilation but even though you consider yourself competent, in this case you're not.

As said above. You need a gsr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal E Type Boiler Ventilation Requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock