Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Classic FF250....How do you drain the system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Ideal Classic FF250 fitted in the loft to replace a back boiler this was fitted in 1999.
I want to drain the system so I can replace a radiator and new TRV's.
Boiler is in the loft with cold water tank, also next to the boiler is a small red expansion vessel with gauge set a 1 bar, the grundfos pump is there as well and a small NRV at the top.
In the airing cupboard a new green Albion hot water tank was fitted, and a sunvic three port valve, the filling loop is also there and another gauge set to 1 bar I have never known it so move either up or down.
I was also toying with the idea of replaceing this boiler but it has been so reliable only one breakdown and that was the fan on the top it seized, sprayed with lubricant and been fine since, but it does sound a bit noisy I guess the bearings are on the way out.
1. Advice on how to drain and refill.
2. And should I keep/replace my boiler.

If pictures would help let me know.

Thanks in advance.

In terms of draining you should have drain points on ground floor, under radiators, is one place to look, also have a look out side could be installer fitted an external drain point, refilling is done via the filling loop in airing cupboard.

No because you have a sealed system, but look for any other drain points especially if each ground floor radiator is on separate drops, don't forget to add an inhibitor back into system when refilling

Thank you for help, I'll replace the radiator when the weather warms up a bit in case I hit any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic FF250....How do you drain the system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock