Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Classic FF230 British Gas Declared boiler "At risk" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mates old boiler is covered by bg and it broke down and they told him the pcb and gas valve were not available. he called me for advice and and i gave him the parts centre codes and prices and confirmed they were still available - with this he called back and asked for a senior engineer to attent and bring the parts . they wrote him an appology letter . makes me wonder how many people they have ripped off they are taught as salesmen first then as gas engineers 2nd.

If its uneconomical for BG to carry spares for a certain boiler they will inform customer that appliance is obsolete, can't get parts.

All the while parts available from usual suspects. As buckley plumb asked, how many times do customers agree to a BG boiler renewal?

They are supposed to try the main local suppliers they have account with to source parts they no longer have in stock, ie. PTS, Plumbcentre.
This is the minimum required before they can declare parts no longer available.

they serviced a 105HE and condemned external condensate pipe,also said it needed a magnatec fitted urgently. failed to fix leak on plunger to microswitch for hot water. but did give a notice about ncs about condensate . They are irresponsible rogues scaring elderly people for no reason. I actually read the form out to them and they said oh thats not so bad but bg man made it sound serious!!

this man talks sense i was on a job doin maintenace and a gb engineer was fault finding on a boiler he didnt have a clue it was a system boiler installed and he thought it was a combi what a div i know its about having peace of mind with those covers but i dont think its worth the paper its written on just like any insurance they have always got a get out clause use the independant when u need to they also quoted a friend of mine 600 for a powerflush and stated it had a lifetime guarantee wot a load of cobblers how can u guarantee no sludge or scale for life especially in london

flue looks fine to me min 300mm he must be on bonus for condemning they do health check before they offer cover why wasnt this pointed out them they have the trust from the public and they are abusing it con merchants ive heard so many storys about them and they are getting away with murder blow them out

Like all of us here we're all engineers of differing abilities! Personally I think the training and after care assistance for the BG engineers, technical advice and the like is second to none! It's entirely up to the individual whether they want to utalise that or not! I spent a couple of years identifying training needs for the "parts fitters" at BG in my region! We would then buddy guys to help them develop their fault finding skills! As far as I'm aware that still goes on today! Ther'll always be the person who thinks they know it all, they're dangerous! And we will all at some time get it wrong! I've been at this for 34 yrs and am still learning and through experience get it wrong a lot less than right! :D

Glad to hear you got your boiler sorted out Carlos_UK :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken from ideal Classic ff 230 instalation instructions.
2012-06-19_070504.png

this man talks sense i was on a job doin maintenace and a gb engineer was fault finding on a boiler he didnt have a clue it was a system boiler installed and he thought it was a combi what a div i know its about having peace of mind with those covers but i dont think its worth the paper its written on just like any insurance they have always got a get out clause use the independant when u need to they also quoted a friend of mine 600 for a powerflush and stated it had a lifetime guarantee wot a load of cobblers how can u guarantee no sludge or scale for life especially in london
They do not guarantee the system will never get sludged up after they flush. What they guarantee is after they do a flush and you have re-occurring circulation issues they will re-flush as required without charge.

Bg used to have real good reputation and real good engineers,my mate was 1 of them but he left years ago because he says they cut back on everything like training courses and apprenticeships,they also upped everyones workload eg 1 man to do 2 mens jobs

Bg used to have real good reputation and real good engineers,my mate was 1 of them but he left years ago because he says they cut back on everything like training courses and apprenticeships,they also upped everyones workload eg 1 man to do 2 mens jobs

I jumped ship in 2007 :) Had 25yrs there and don't regret any of the time spent with friends and colleagues. The main reason I left was because of the way I was managed!

in a nut shell......................they now have share holders!!!! like the rest of them all looking to skin everything for wonga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic FF230 British Gas Declared boiler "At risk" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock