Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Boilers Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Have an existing customer who have had Ideal out to look at her boiler. They have put her boiler at risk on the basis that the main volt harness has been repaired/new one needed.

What does this mean in English please? Presumably it just means the control cables running through the boiler? She has asked me to go and check it to give a second opinion?

I am fairly comfortable with electrics but presumably it's only a gas safety issue if it is affecting the safe control of the boiler? If the repair is sound and of good quality then is there an issue?

wiring harness runs up the front of the heat exchanger and the insulation break up only proper repair is new harness probably find its been taped up

Ok matey. Will take a look and give an opinion on it. That's a pretty crap design then tbh!

it is common for the harness to burn through but I'm struggling to understand how that would be classed as at risk as it's not a gas safety issue

Yep I have heard this before, mark my words the logic is going to be the new isar .

when a PCB or fan goes then always check that harness before you replace parts, as you can blow them again if it's due to the harness. that's what they said on the isar product training day anyway.

Yep I have heard this before, mark my words the logic is going to be the new isar .
I didn't think they where that bad, have you had many problems with them, i know they suffer issues with the flow turbine on the earlier ones. A lot of its plastic now or 'composite' as Ideal would say

To be honest if the cabling itself is fine it could just be wrapped in some heat resistant insulation tape and it would be safe. I'm not sure this would justify the boiler being put at risk tbh as there is no gas safety issue.

Lol, go on a bit harsh, but we will see. Hear about plenty heat engines going, cracks in sump , turbines etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Boilers Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock