Search the forum,

Discuss IDEAL are up against it!!! Heat exchangers replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

Slip of the thumb bud apologies didnt mean to press the dumb button regards kop

Have fitted the Logics since there release and I have had maybe two heat exchangers fail in that time. Both were under warranty so changed no problem. We check by introducing food dye into the radiator and see if it turns up in the condensate trap
Or why not look at discolouration or smell the condensate water

The one vogue I fitted, there was a tremendous amount of plume. Even had ideal out to it who said it was completely normal.:mad::mad:

I like the vogue , but if a system is looked afer or fitted great then problems will arise,
But good point from simon , every engineers opinion and experience is different,

I've installed 100,s logic and vogue never ever had a hot water heat exchanger fitted yet! It's all about the engineer doing the job simply do it properly flush thoroughly magna clean, in line descaler on every fit mini expansion on the cold if water meter or check valve..yep I'm expensive on my installs but it's done right...if customer wants to go for cheapest quote best of luck to em I get plenty of work!
Interesting to read this! My local man, in the trade for over forty years and with a very good reputation in this area recently fitted an Ideal for me. Having read about the comments about having a water meter fitted and the the back up problem I asked about having a mini expansion vessel fitted. He was unaware but contacted Ideal and they said not a problem with a long distance from main to boiler. But they sell the very same piece of kit! So why if not needed?

Interesting to read this! My local man, in the trade for over forty years and with a very good reputation in this area recently fitted an Ideal for me. Having read about the comments about having a water meter fitted and the the back up problem I asked about having a mini expansion vessel fitted. He was unaware but contacted Ideal and they said not a problem with a long distance from main to boiler. But they sell the very same piece of kit! So why if not needed?
Because on some installs the cold water run from the meter will not be long enough and you could get problems. This is true of any combi not just Ideal. It's just that Ideal have identified the problem and have a kit available to sort it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IDEAL are up against it!!! Heat exchangers replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock