Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal 32 system efficiency level in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CMPropsvcs

I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact the boiler has been installed correctly by an Ideal accredited installer. The weather has been cold but we only have the Hive stat set at around 20 degrees so. it exceeded i’ve.

Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if its based on the actual condensing vs the max then 25 to 28% might be considered good since there is virtually no condensing at this return tmperature.
I have seen figures somewhere that showed a efficiency of 60/65% with a boiler return temp of 40/45C which would give ~ 94% efficiency, a increase of about 6.5% over a non condensing efficiency of 87.5%ish so if condensing loss is 10% then just maybe this magic efficiency is, 6.5/10, 65%.
If you reduce the boiler flow temperature even temporarily to give a return of 40/45C, that might give some idea of where it comes from.

Attachments

• Condensing Temperatures.png
    Condensing Temperatures.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Ideal 32 system efficiency level in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock