Search the forum,

Discuss icos he15, no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, we have a problem with are heating, when it is switched on nothing happens, we have a Honeywell st9400c programmer and just set to to continuously when we want heating on, the light comes on but nothing is happing at the boiler, we can switch it to heat water and the boiler fires up straight away, its been getting worse over the last week to a point now where it was left switched on all day and night and heating never came on at all, just wondered if this might be a faulty programmer as the heating side switch is harder to press than the water side, thanks

If the light comes on at the timer and the thermostat is turned up. The first thing I would look at is the motorised 2 or 3 port valve (dependant on system set up) in the airing cupboard.

As above ^^^ what are the manufacturers valves in the cylinder cupboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to icos he15, no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock