Search the forum,

Discuss I should change to ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi lads,

Believe it or not but the Berkshire drains company in Windsor wants to charge 1620 + Vat for unblocking a drain.

The Windsor hotel is very shocked by the price given from this company. They can only start working when the shifts of the kitchen has finished which is late evening. However, do you think that's a normal rate though? They don't even know where the blockage is but have given already a price to clear it. Apparently the main drain was coming up so it's something inside the main drain ... I don't believe the dynorod will charge such amount ....

If that's a normal rate I think I pm gonna change :))))))

What's your thought on it?

Seems excessive to me bearing in mind they've no idea what it is. Would expect expensive for working the evening but think their trying to pull their trousers down.

Get a quote from dyno rod

Thats what i have told him. Its crazy to get such quote ... but thanks guys for your fast respond !!!

It's normal tbh

It's custom hours / working out of hours

It's at least double time if not triple

It's normal tbh

It's custom hours / working out of hours

It's at least double time if not triple
That's true also big company but that's seems to me odd. Yes would pay for dynorod about 120-130 an hour late evenings and then it depends how bad it is but you would surely not exceed 500.

I guess such a price seems fair if it takes a little longer. 1620 Vat seems crazy expensive though

If it's a restaurant bet they don't have a grease trap

If it's a restaurant bet they don't have a grease trap
I would imagine though, he is working inside the Oakley court hotel which I think they look after their property. It's a huge hotel and everything is very posh though

Posher the posh worse the maintenance/ services are

Also cost charge for there equipment eg wear and tear on machines etc

Posher the posh worse the maintenance/ services are

Also cost charge for there equipment eg wear and tear on machines etc
All true ... but still not 1620 + Vat

But hoping they get another quote from dyno

The problem is people / customers want a fixed price on repairs.
We get calls for unblocking drains from customers that want a fixed price - so we give it.

Then they pig and moan when we're done in 15 minutes and gloat when it takes 3 hours.
Unfortunately customers can't have it both ways.

They don't want to agree to an open ended pricing structure - price per hour ( or part there of ) and cost of equipment required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I should change to ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock