Search the forum,

Discuss I Know Its Been Asked 100 Times But Which of These Bags??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I know the bag discussion has happened alot but even from sifting through them I still cant quite come to a decision. I have a shortlist of 4 bags. I do want an Open Tote 18", The 4 are:

1) Fatmax 18" - £25.00 Stanley FatMax 18" Hard Base Open Tote Tool Bag 1-93-951 | eBay

2) Dewalt 18" (All Black) - £25.00
Dewalt 18" Open Tote Bag dewtote18 from Romford Tools

3) Dewalt 18" (Black & Yellow) - £38.00 Dewalt Large Open Tote Bag 18" Hand & Power Tool Toolbag 1-79-208 - 1-79-208 - £39.98 available at BuyaParcel.com

4) Facom Pro Soft Tool Bag 20" - £52.95 Facom Pro Soft Tool Bag 20" / 510mm : Tooled-Up.com

Ok so we all know what the Fatmax is about. Been around for awhile an my mate has this bag. Is strong an reliable with good pockets an slots an is strong contender.

I am wondering about the 2 Dewalts. I know alot of you are sayin u might prefer the Dewalt to the Fatmax. But which dewalt are u talking about? There seems to be 2. Im thinking the all black 1 might be the older 1 and the black with yellow bag a more recent addition. I think this is the 1 that looks more stronger an sturdier than the other 1 an maybe better than the Fatmax. I am strongly swaying towards this 1.

Finally I know i said 18" but saw this 1 an thought it looked pretty good with nice slots an good design. Just wondering if any1 has had it before an what they thought. Its the most dearest out the 4 so am not sure. Also is 20" that much bigger than 18". My boss has the Fatmax XL an thats just 2 big for me but i think thats 24".

So im thinking the black & yellow Dewalt an maybe the Facom. Would be greatful for all ur thoughts an opinions on any of the bags and if any1 knows of them being cheaper anywhere else. Thanks.

(didnt mean 2 add that pic an cant seem to remove it lol)

Attachments

• ShowImage.jpg
    ShowImage.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
they will all be knackered after 6 months which ever one you choose

Couldnt warrant spending over £50 on a bag! I usually just buy what's on offer, got a nice quality Dewalt one, heating oil seems to like it though. Maybe increasing the value?

Get a sturdy bucket as the bottom cracks on the flimsy ones when you throw your tools into them.

madynyqy.jpg
- fatmax xl open bag

Ive had this bag for 4 years now and it still looks brand new!
Also its FULLY LOADED has everything, only downside is its REALLY heavy! Cost me £65 mind, worth money in my eyes

Id look like a bit of a pikey with my tools in a bucket . . . ..

Maybe I should turn up in a wheel barrow bring pushed by my mutated 'half brother'!

I've got the fatmax open tote and its lasted me just over a year and is still in really good condition. Got it in B&Q for about 25 quid (on offer). I'll be getting another when this one gives up the ghost.

madynyqy.jpg
- fatmax xl open bag

Ive had this bag for 4 years now and it still looks brand new!
Also its FULLY LOADED has everything, only downside is its REALLY heavy! Cost me £65 mind, worth money in my eyes

Take you lunch out of it and put some tools in and it will look worn in no time:)

lol the comedians are all out tonight lol. I think ima go for the Dewalt but just cant seem to find the differences between the 2 Dewalts. I think the black yellow 1 is more sturdier so will go for that. The Fatmax XL is a good bad but is just too big an heavy for me.

Mate, these types toolbags often go at half price at bq scrwfix etc, just keep your eyes out.

I had the fatmax XL bag and it was good. I don't like the open totes.

If I was to get another I think I'd get the round top bag though

if you buy a large bag you only fill it up! the only large bag u need is the one carrying you flask and lunch, tools need to be kept to a minimum, to service a gas boiler, adjustables (in case of leaks) small flat head screwdriver (adjust gas valve) posidrive (remove cover) hex key set (for all those annoying boiler makers) and a small shoulder bag for your fga/manometer and sniffer. sorted.

If your installing - small sack truck and stackable boxes, in order to empty the contents of your van!!!!!!

I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have 2 sets of tools (service and installs) in smaller bags than carry about one huge one.

I've gone the other way. Swapped from two smaller bags to one larger one because i was getting fed up keep going back and forth to the land rover to get the tool that's in the other bag. After a while they all seemed to migrate into one bag that was too small for them.

I'm now using the Veto pro pac XXL-F. Beesleys Tool Shop UK. Main dealer for Dremel, Proxxon, Trend, Makita, Lamello, Bosch and more. Closed Top Veto Pro Pac Tool Bag XXL-F

A lot of money but it does the business and 8 months down the line it still looks as good as new and all of the zips work unlike every other bag I've used which generally give up the ghost after 6 months.

Bags are crap* and don't last, totes also have the added disadvantage of easily having tools robbed out of them when on a busy site. I use a 23" Fatmax box, that has a 3/4 length tray, then at the open end have compartmented it into 4 sections, so can have things like screwdrivers, box spanners, grips etc standing up and easily at hand, box is tall enough to have 10" grips/spanner standing up, the bigger and less used stuff goes in the space under the tray.

Best combo, also makes for a great seat to drink your brew.

*For your most used tools, i have a Magma bag for my spark stuff and a Fatmax for bars, saws etc

Last edited by a moderator:
of the bags you have listed i would say:

the stanley one is the best built but has thoses stupid loops on the inside which are usless for most tools.

the first dewalt is a great design with plenty of pockets but its not got a great build quality like the stanley.

the second dewalt has loops which are not great but has slightly better build than the first dewalt

the facom i have never used.

i believe that stanley make the dewalt ones or they are both made by the same manufacture/ factory. Stanley make most if not all dewalt bags, boxes etc...from what ive read.

so each has its advantage and disadvantage.

i have a veto pro pac because they make the best by far.

Last edited:
i have the stanley 18" one atm , brilliant, has 4 loops at each end inside, so i have 4 slotted and 4 philips/pozi screwdrivers each end (draper expert , fantastic !!!!!!!) and have a few items in bottom , hammer , footprints , wrench ect ect, have a draper tool tote tray to keep blowlap , flux , solder , ptfe ect ect. works out quite handy

Ive been through my fair share of bags, boxes etc and I currently have the Fatmax Extreme open tote, best I've had by far. Bashed about on site for a few years and still going strong, and when it does die then I'll buy another!
Looking at buying this soon for breakdown/servicing Eclipse Technicians Tool Case from Tool Venture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I Know Its Been Asked 100 Times But Which of These Bags??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock