Search the forum,

Discuss Hydrogen powered homes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

bea63b7b1f18810163d3d638f4fcb8da.png

A good couple of years work for everyone converting every appliance in the land to run on hydrogen.
One thing for sure, i won't be doing it ;)

I can imagine the responses now....

"Hydrogen? Ain't it that what blew up the Hindenberg? I aten't having that dangerous stuff in my house!"

Oh the humanity!

I will show my arse on't town hall steps, if this ever happens .

Maybe in 75/100 years if the planet is still here

I can imagine the responses now....

"Hydrogen? Ain't it that what blew up the Hindenberg? I aten't having that dangerous stuff in my house!"

Oh the humanity!

Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Was aware of the testing going on but thought there was an interaction caused by the solder and the soldering process? therefore the whole thing had been binned until there was a single solution for joining pipework and or changing to all pex type pipes and mechanical joins?

Jesus wept... there's still billions to be made from our current fuel sources.. the mear fact hydrogen is the most abundant partial in the universe won't do much for its value.. it's all about the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hydrogen powered homes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Closed heating system, approx 14 years old with oil fired boiler, feeding around 18 radiators over 2 floors. One small radiator nearest the boiler and downstairs repeatedly fills up with hydrogen over a period of about 4 weeks. Hydrogen is suspected as it can be ignited and there is no smell...
Replies
Views
Would love some advice please: I had 4 radiators replaced in September as part of a kitchen refit. This included new copper piperwork behind the walls where the Rads are placed. The system wasn’t flushed or anything, just installed and the plumber left. A few weeks later we noticed that our...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock