Search the forum,

Discuss Huge clouds of exhaust from new boiler causing upset in the village! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant argue with pmt EVER

Funny how some writing on the internet forums can be taken the wrong way so easily.

The point I was making was that there were loads of posts telling the OP that this pluming was normal - it is.

I decided, in light of an experience, that I'd give a different thought and started my thread with this so the OP might have a read of it rather than thinking it was "yet another" post agreeing with the others.

The OP seemed to ignore my post COMPLETELY. If he'd read it, he might have asked why the need for photos. He might have thought about phoning the manufacturer. He might even have said, "Thank you." He might have posted a photo or two and then some of us might have seen the reason for excessive pluming.

It could easily be a fluing issue as in my case. The manufacturers can only give their best guidelines and it might not suit every single installation.

The reason I later mentioned pmt was to make light of the matter. It does annoy me, though, that when you do make a genuine attempt to help you are totally ignored.

And, before anyone thinks otherwise, I did agree with all the previous posts about the pluming and am quite happy with all the recent posts as well!!! All I was trying to do was help the OP.

dkianagog
(Dont Know It All's Now a Grumpy Old Git)

I know what you mean though. It happens to most of us, and it is very annoying.

Funny how some writing on the internet forums can be taken the wrong way so easily.

The point I was making was that there were loads of posts telling the OP that this pluming was normal - it is.

I decided, in light of an experience, that I'd give a different thought and started my thread with this so the OP might have a read of it rather than thinking it was "yet another" post agreeing with the others.

The OP seemed to ignore my post COMPLETELY. If he'd read it, he might have asked why the need for photos. He might have thought about phoning the manufacturer. He might even have said, "Thank you." He might have posted a photo or two and then some of us might have seen the reason for excessive pluming.

It could easily be a fluing issue as in my case. The manufacturers can only give their best guidelines and it might not suit every single installation.

The reason I later mentioned pmt was to make light of the matter. It does annoy me, though, that when you do make a genuine attempt to help you are totally ignored.

And, before anyone thinks otherwise, I did agree with all the previous posts about the pluming and am quite happy with all the recent posts as well!!! All I was trying to do was help the OP.

dkianagog
(Dont Know It All's Now a Grumpy Old Git)

Im just going to ignore all your posts fm now on :)

In fairness to dkianagog (even without PMT) a couple of photos by the OP would have been very helpful.

I think many who post forget we are only able to reply based on the information supplied and most of us like to think that the majority of tradesmen are like ourselves and do a good job.

Troubleshooting can be hard enough with a boiler in front of you, questions without a photo can be like driving in a dark country lane without any headlights, guess work and likely to fail.

dontknowitall completed the diagnosis by looking from a different perspective so yes a thank you / acknowledgement would have been nice.

Pictures are always helpful - the old adage "a picture says a thousand words".

Recently there were huge clouds of steam reported from a boiler. Turns out it was far more than a plume and water had been leaking into the combustion chamber from a split weld.

I have come back to my original thread that I posted some weeks ago and am concerned that my attitude may have upset a few people here and caused some disagreement at the time. On reflection it seems I did not treat the replies very seriously. The reason may have been because I was being told that the problem was absolutely normal and that I should just accept it. However I did not see it that way as I was being harassed by my neighbours who were concerned by what they thought was a potential major problem and the replies I was getting were not really what I wanted to hear. As time has passed things have quietened down locally and neighbours seem to have either accepted it or choose to ignore it. So for all of you who replied and offered advice I would like to apologise for my attitude at the time and assure you that your efforts to help people who turn to forums such as these for advice and support is invaluable and very much appreciated .

Regards

Tony timms

That's very nice of your Tony. Wish there were more people around like you. :)

Thank you for that Tony, although not part of your thread I can recognize your good will & time in posting that. Now-a-day's it is all too easy to take & run, it proves that it is always worth time in reflection.
Thank you again for your input.

Very good of you to come back and say that. You're weeks away from a HE revolution in the village, I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Huge clouds of exhaust from new boiler causing upset in the village! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock