Search the forum,

Discuss Howdy from Clackmannanshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi, semi retired plumber, keeping my hand in but enjoying my river fly fishing more. I like the new look of the forum, much more appealing than the old one.

Semi retired plumber sounds very good , talk to me lol

Welcome sir

Where is Clakmon!!! whatever

I'd be retired fully but can't stand looking at 4 walls so have to keep active.
We're called the Wee County and not far from Stirling.
It's raining again, should I go chase the salmon or fit a radiator? So much choice.

Ditto!!

The only enjoyment and plumber gets is about thinking about what work is current and what work is coming up.

Even a semi-retired plumber would think of work before enjoyment.
And would never take the option of enjoying themselves 'fishing' over work.

How do you know?
Same way as I know English is not your native tongue. On that subject the lady standing behind me would like to know what you meant by "Woman waste" in the post about the toilet blocking, she understands wet wipes etc.

:) sorry, I don't get those things just yet but makes total sense rpm!!!! It happened quite a few times with those weird questions don't you think

Fake post? Nice welcome to the forum. I've been a plumber since 1982 and I decided that as my knees are done in and my back is no longer capable of lifting weight, that I'd pass on the big contracts and keep my hand in doing small maintenance jobs. By the way, I work to live, not live to work and wondering where my next job is, doesn't do it for me. I'd happily be down the river with a fly rod enjoying my golden years. Anyway, I have a huge wealth of experience from old School lead and cast iron plumbing to modern plumbing methods, which I thought might be able to be used to help newbies to the industry. However, if you greet everyone, with cries of "Fake Post", I'll leave, seeing as this is how you greet newcomers to this forum.

Cailean stick around until tomorrow at least and let me reply then, after all you have nothing to lose do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Howdy from Clackmannanshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
Hi folks, old and new. I'm back on the tools, back on the forums. I'm working for myself since the start of this year and just know I will be needing your help and advice sooner or later, probably sooner. This place is too good of a resource to miss out on, especially flying solo, so here I am...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm saying hello so I can keep my account live. I'm more of a reader than a poster. As a beginner/ complete novice, I just need to find general answers to questions I may have. Generally I only replace existing plumbing and use plumbing skills to plumb my being equipment together.
Replies
Views
Hi, all! I'm a DIY'er who probably knows just enough to get myself in trouble, but fortunately I know my limitations, when it comes to projects I shouldn't tackle. Really glad I stumbled onto this forum, and hoping to learn more here from people with knowledge and experience. Thanks to the...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Posting here as requested by Dan to keep my acct active. Evidently there is no record of the post I made and the mods want to minimize dead accounts. Which makes sense, I like a well run forum. And if anyone would like to have a look at my minor issue, what are these holes for?
Replies
Views
As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe lack of plumbers available in our area of the North West of Sutherland in Scotland. I have done some pipework, tap replacements and fixed some leaking...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock