Search the forum,

Discuss How to undo plastic waste pipes under sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scoobie

Hi,

sorry to to be a pain with my first post, but my sink is backing-up into the sink itself and also into the dishwasher. I've had the u bend out and cleaned, but the blockage seems to be beyond that. The trouble is I do not know how to remove the pipes beyond the u bend. They are black plastic with no-obvious nuts to undo.

i guess they are push-fit, but do not correspond to any pictures I have seen. You can spin them around in all different directions. They were installed in 1999.

i can't post attachments, but have taken a picture.

thanks.

Hi,

Yes, push fit. I've spent all morning stripping the pipes all the way back to the grid outside before it enters the drains and now seems to be flowing freely thanks.

One question, why does the drain outside keep a level of water in there - both mine and all my neighbours are like this before they enter the drain to the septic tank?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, push fit. I've spent all morning stripping the pipes all the way back to the grid outside before it enters the drains and now seems to be flowing freely thanks.

One question, why does the drain outside keep a level of water in there - both mine and all my neighbours are like this before they enter the drain to the septic tank?

Thanks.

Its a water seal to stop foul smells from the drains escaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to undo plastic waste pipes under sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked down the top and a with a u bend at the bottow going directly to outside drain. Is it OK to put a tee joint into the verical pipe and join the sink...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Had the plumber replace the pipes less than 2 month from the sink that lead into a cast iron pipe. They also unblocked gunk from the start of the cast iron pipe. The gunk is in the photo I've attached. The pipe work is also attached(it's disconnected as we cleared the u bend to clear it out)...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a leaking toilet and I need to replace the filling valve device which is a Geberit 810.L3 Type 340 with a 1/2" connector. Problem I've got is the connection under the tank (image attached). The top plastic nut (yellow) is only to hold the fill valve in place - I can undo it by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock