Search the forum,

Discuss How to replace outlet seal on Geberit concealed cistern ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulbhalton

Hi, I have two Geberit concealed cisterns and both are leaking when flushed. I have bought replacement seals for both ends of the outlet pipe, but how do I change the one on the cistern end ? Could anyone enlighten me please ?

When I replaced the flush seal (the which blisters) I seem to remember that the flush mechanism just clips in place, but how does the seal get changed.

I only have access through the maintainance panel without having to remove the toilet bowl.

I believe it will be a toilet out job unfortunately.

You don't change the one connected to the cistern well unless you want to make a hole in your wall

How old are they? I`ve yet to see one leak at the cistern end.

They are about 7 years old, the upstairs toilet is definitely leaking down the outlet pipe when flushed as I have some access from above it so can hold the pipe. Do you know how to change the seal ? Its in two parts the seal itself and a plastic ring, I can't find instructions anywhere !

Do you know how to get the old seal off and the new one on, I can't find any description/instructions ?

Hi
You will need to remove the toilet. Then reach up to the cystern, you will then be able to undo the nut by hand underneath. Once you have the flush pipe in your hand, it's pretty obvious.
When putting it back together, make sure the toilet is not pushing the flush pipe backwards. This will cause it to leak again.

What a bummer, on the uostairs toilet I will need to cut it away from the back and floor silicon, on the downstairs, the same and then cut out the back panel.

Really NOT impressed with this German engineering. Never had as many problems in the last 40 years of British cisterns ( and we have 5 rentals with them in as well as our old systems) as the last 7 years with these "superior" fittings !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to replace outlet seal on Geberit concealed cistern ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock