Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Joe_The_Plumber
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 4K
  • nvq

Discuss How to progress from 6035 to 6189 NVQ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe_The_Plumber

I just finished my college course and got my 6035 certs. Next step is to get my 6189 but I have no idea how to start. Do I need to go through a college or do I call C&G and get them to send an assessor? This has not been explained to me by anyone and I feel so clueless. Because I already have my tech cert I figured getting a college involved wouldn't be necessary?

Hi Joe,
The additional units 019 & 020, along with the Environmental exam are obtained through your local FE College or C&G approved Training Centre. The cost is approx. £900. You should be 'working' with a qualified Plumber, carrying out the full scope of the work required ( choice of five systems: hot, cold, sanitation, heating and rainwater) pick three of the five systems and carry out two install of each. Plus various maintenance and decommissioning. Your appointed assessor will visit you in the workplace, to carry out various assessments including Health and Safety assessments. This process will of course depend on your work type schedule, but is usually achievable in three visits.
You will normally complete an 'E' Portfolio to record all mandatory evidence.
Hope this helps
Regards
Teabreak

I went from 6035 to 6189, I found a placement which enabled me to do my assessments and now I'm on my NVQ level 3. Ring everyone and get yourself on site.

I just finished my college course and got my 6035 certs. Next step is to get my 6189 but I have no idea how to start. Do I need to go through a college or do I call C&G and get them to send an assessor? This has not been explained to me by anyone and I feel so clueless. Because I already have my tech cert I figured getting a college involved wouldn't be necessary?
How did you get on Joe? I would love to get an update as I plan on going the same way you did so any information or advice would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to progress from 6035 to 6189 NVQ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it. How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
I want to start off by saying that I have never worked in a construction environment in my entire life, so I am very unknowledge in this area. I have only worked at a coffee shop for 5 years of my life. I am currently doing a Plumbing L2 and next year will start an NVQ L2. For the NVQ I will...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock