Search the forum,

Discuss How to get started on UKPF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

:welcome2: To the UKPlumbersForums (Or UKPF). We hope you have an enjoyable visit but sincerely hope you stick around and become a regular contributor.

Please take a moment to read this thread and refer back to it when you need to.

Below you will find posts explaining how to do things on UKPF, such as post a picture, post a video, modify your profile, join the private gas engineers forum etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to post a picture.

UKPF Picture.jpg

How do I get a picture up beside my posts?

Go to the top of the page and look on the right hand side. you will see a button marked 'Settings'.

Click it.

Go down the left hand column to 'My Profile'

Click on 'Edit Avatar'

Follow the instructions.

How do I get a signature on my posts?

Go to the top of the page and look on the right hand side. you will see a button marked 'Settings'.

Click it.

Go down the left hand column to 'My Profile'

Click on 'Edit Signature'

Write a witty and original signature.

How do I join the GSR Private Forum?

This is the only area where we permit the discussion of such items as gas boiler repair and installation, gas fire repair and installation, gas cooker repair and installation; and gas pipework.

Increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details and a photo/scan of your card (front and back) to [email protected]

Unless you can prove you are on the GSR or RGII we cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

How to join the Plumbers Arms

Send a Private Message to any of the Mod team including your business contact details and registered business address, ensure you've posted AT LEAST 100 or so posts (to make sure you're a bit of a regular on here, and not just a passer-by - after all we don't want everybody to have a key to the place). We need your full address, a land-line telephone number, your business name and your own FULL name. (Again, we don't use these for anything but making sure you're who you say you are..

Once you have done that, please give us a day or two to check the details and get a key cut. And we'll PM you IF you have been granted access.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/3770-plumbers-arms-now-open.html

I'm not happy about a post I've read or a PM I've received - How do I report it?

Below each post you'll see an orange bar. To the left of that bar you will see a black triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Press that and you'll bring up a dialogue box to report that particular post / message. Write a brief explanation why you are reporting the post / message and the mods / admin will do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to get started on UKPF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Hello, All. Complete DIYer here, but I'll try not to sound too ignorant.. I recently noticed that my shower pan had developed a rust hole. It wasn't huge, but I decided I'd better do the reasonable rational thing and rip the whole thing out! I thought, I can get an acrylic one from Bunnings and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in 2011. The first thing I done after secondary school was gain my Domestic Plumbing and Heating City and Guilds Level 2 and then 3 at college. However...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Let me start by saying, my heating works fine. I only know the basics of a system, and this may well be just me and my sensitive hearing... I have been in my property for 5 years. I had a Wilo circulation pump, which purred wonderfully. I never took a photo of it as a reference, but it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock