Search the forum,

Discuss how to find work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chaingang86

just a question thats probably been done to death but how do you guys go about finding work as i think trust a trader and the like are robbing b5stards thanks in advance

Its the age old question but
once word gets about that your trustworthy and do a good quality job -

work finds you !

More and more im finding i get calls from recommendation.
I don't use trust a trader or any of them, some swear by them and i may be missing out - I'll never know.....

I get all of my work from recommendations and a good web site. I cant keep up with the amount of work I have now and I don't advertise anywhere. Its very hard when you start up, it takes a long time to build up a customer base and their are no short cuts.

i have 1, emergency contract
1, national (local) pro-active contract
1, estate agent,
1, landlord
£25k

and private customers.

only advertise in one place/organisation for £350pa
plus freeindex

4 of those pay more than i would charge to privates!

I use checkatrade and was very sceptical at first about it but i do get quite a bit of work from it now.
I do use couple other minor bits n bobs but not much .

mainly word of mouth..
also get a few jobs off facebook from those pages like "for sale or wanted in (yourtown)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to find work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of itself. But realistically who does this or rather who does this work for. With mine I just use it to turn the heating on now and then for short periods...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock