Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect dishwasher to washing machine inlet/outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jules Humphrey

Hi all. I have a tiny kitchen and want to fit a tabletop dishwasher to the existing washing machine plumbing. I think I have found the right thing to connect the cold water supply - it's called a compression alliance t bar from screwfix and I've attached a photo (hopefully).

However I am a loss how to connect the waste water. I have trawled the internet for hours to no avail. I currently have a vertical white pipe that the washing machine grey hose just sits in - it isn't secured.

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• dish.bmp
    15 KB · Views: 46
just push d/w waste into same pipe thats enough slightly tight squeeze though.

Hi , Buy a double spigot adaptor,, which will fit on your waste pipe,, and connect both appliances waste pipes,, google double spigot,, made by mcalpine.. a good plumbing merchants will have one ))
Merchants by me only keep the full kit not the adaptor but the kit is only ÂŁ11

Thank you to everyone that replied. I bought a McAlpine appliance trap with a single spigot to fit the dishwasher waste pipe to and a brass Y adaptor to fit both dishwasher and washing machine inlet hoses to (the t bar connector didn't fit)

Didn't need a plumber at all :)

It`s always good to hear back with good news Jules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to connect dishwasher to washing machine inlet/outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and websites for advice the general consensus was don't bother. I like a challenge so connected up the butt initially with nothing else in line, the washer...
Replies
Views
Hello I have ran my washing machine through the autoclean - i have added special detergent like Dr Beckmann yet still have bad smell from washing machine - i have also drained the water that sits in the bottom - any ideas? Could it be a piping issue? Many thanks!
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock