Search the forum,

Discuss How to change the connection type of the existing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusan

I have a vertical radiator with connection at the bottom. The installateur did not install it like agreed: pipes are coming from the floor and I wanted the fitting in the wall. They do not want to do that and they left. Other companies now ask fortune to do this for me.

My question is how complicated this may be and can I do it by myself? I have or may have all the necessary tools and skill but have not done something like that before. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG32998-20140222-1318.jpg
    IMG32998-20140222-1318.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG32999-20140222-1318.jpg
    IMG32999-20140222-1318.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 82
I just say: Oh boy, another builder install? You need to channel pipes into the wall. Probably cut both plastic pipes further down and replace with copper. I would call a plumber (not builder). If you not skilled or have limited experience this could turn into disaster.

Thanks, I am aware of that. And this was a professional plumber install. Now the cheapest offer that I have is 300 EUR just to install that fitting and connect. Everything is open and I don't want to pay 300 EUR. Don't want to mention what other problems I had whenever I wanted to do things correctly. They - all - just want to do the work in the easiest, cheapest, least lasting manner, and rob your wallet, so that one must have them again in the house soon, but of course not the next day. And they don't care if you will never call them, there are others who don't know them, and there is plenty of them and new are registering any minute...

PS Why I experience big leg and the website misses my keystrokes even if I type slowly? Is this a common issue?

not everyone want to do a bad job, unfortunately we all look the same

I'm over 4ft tall and I'm clean....please don't tad me with same brush as others

I don't want to put everyone in the same basket, but that is how my experience with Dutch contractors went...
Just discovered that the idiot connected the radiator so that if it needs to be removed, pipe must be cut!

Attachments

• IMG33059-20140224-1737.jpg
    IMG33059-20140224-1737.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
That's press fit . dOnt cut it you will be in a world of pain. Push pipes under floor and use a 1/2 iron to. 15mm connector then run it in copper.

Pay the 300 euros. To do that job the system will need draining, That is special pipe that needs special fittings and a crimping tool that is not cheap to buy. If you cut the pipe you will have no heating for weeks till you get the right tools and parts which will cost you 300 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to change the connection type of the existing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock